Saturday 2 July 2011

A.T.C. & Vintage Package Swap..........

A couple of weeks ago the challenge over at City Crafter Challenge Blog was to make an A.T.C. and as an optional extra you could take part in swapping your A.T.C. and some vintage goodies over at City Crafter Party Blog. My swap partner was Linda B, if you love handmade vintage cards check out Linda's blog  Hands to Work,Heart to Love,for some great inspiration.
Yesterday morning my parcel arrived all the way from the U.S.A.,I opened up the box and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw all these pretty,little packages wrapped up in tissue paper and tied with beautiful lace and flowers.


Here's the beautiful A.T.C that I received from the swap.


and handmade card with a beautiful message.


Here's what was in those lovely wrapped packages.







I took great pleasure in opening each seperate package,I love every single item that Linda sent me and truly honoured that she sent me items that she has had for 30 years like the yellow calico,ecru cotton lace and the green sequin trim. The spoon was from an antique shop in Virginia,the photo doesn't do it justice,the embossed pattern is so pretty,take a look here at the card Linda created using a spoon from her collection. I just adore the little vintage mitten ornament,it will be displayed in my craft room for a while and then maybe I will use it on a LO but it will have to be a very special page.
I'm a regular reader of Linda's blog and every now and again she show's some of her husband's (also known as "The Penmaker") handmade pens which are absolutely stunning and I couldn't believe it when I saw that I had also been sent one of those amazing pens.



I can't put into words how I felt when I received this wonderful package and would like to thank Linda from the bottom of my heart,you are such a kind,caring,warm-hearted lady and hope that we will keep in touch and also a big thank you to "The Penmaker" for my gorgeous handmade pen.
Today is my friend's birthday so I would like to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIA",hope you have a good day. Of course I had to make her a birthday card with my new vintage goodies and that pretty 30 year old lace.


Do you think my photo's are looking brighter and better quality than what they use to? While I was around my friend Kerry's house the other day,I got talking to her dad,Tom,who is a keen photographer and I was saying my photo's on my blog always looked dark and not the true colours. He told me to take it off auto,lol and then told me what all the different settings did. Since then I have used it on manual and my photo's do seem to have got a little bit better.

Have a great weekend !!!!!
xxxxDebxxxx

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Isn't it extra special to receive something so beautiful in the post from across the miles?!? What a wonderful collection of gorgeous goodies. I can see why you were so touched and got to work with the lovely bits and pieces so quickly. (ps. gorgeous card).

I love that the internet and our hobby can bring us in touch with people both near and far - I've made some amazing friends online in the last 12 months who have become very special to me.

Enjoy your goodies!

Juls said...

wow!!!! such gorgeous goodies!! .... and I just adore how you have used them!!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

Goodness, this is a fabulous swap Deb! You must have felt like a kid in a toy store (I know I would, LOL!). Enjoy!! Have a lovely weekend, Ira x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What AWESOME goodies!!! I loveeeeeeee it!! And your card for your friend is AMAZING!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ros said...

Oh my ... you are Sooooooo lucky .. what beautiful things ... I am drooling!! Linda is such a sweet lady ... and your card is stunning and yes it looks much brighter ... your work is always beautiful and now we can see it even better ... have a love evening xxx

farmhouse-story said...

such beautiful goodies! your card for maria is darling, deb:) you pics look great!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Yay, we have a 2nd package showing off here, how fun!
I enjoy reading line by line just to admired all the vintage goodies you received, how precious. I am so glad that you had fun and most of all, make new friends. Linda is a sweet heart and you too, i am sure both of you will make good friend.
Lovely cards you make for your friend too!

Maggie Lamarre said...

oh wow what an awesome swap this is...

Don't forget to add it to our linking party for our readers to discover your blog at

http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Karima said...

What lovely things to receive, thanks for popping over to my blog, returning the follow, Karima x
www.karimascrafts.com

Lynnda said...

You lucky duck!!!.... Love the Happy Mail!!!And your card for your friend is beautiful!!! LOVE it Deb... hugs...xoxo

Lea said...

Wow, what fantastic goodies!!! Love them, and so your style! Can't wait to see what you create with it all!

Unknown said...

wow you really got some nice vintage things. Linda is a real sweetheart, I just recently got to know her and am so glad I did....

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Deb! What a fun package to receive!!! Love the pretty birthday card you made for your friend! The pearls around the scallop look fab and love the eyelet skirt!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful package of vintage goodies! Love how you incorporated some into your beautiful BD card for your friend!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh Deb, you made out like a bandit! So many goodies and that PEN! LUCKY LUCKY girl! And i LOVE the card you made. That lace skirt is ADORABLE!

Stella said...

Deb isn't it wonderful to be spoilt rotten? Linda is such a sweetheart and how generous of her. I can imagine that you almost fell off your chair! Enjoy all your goodies and your card is fabulous! Great photo :)
XXX

Unknown said...

Such a fun little package you got. And your card looks so pretty.. I think your photos look wonderful.. They do look a little brighter to me..

Hugs, Linda

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh Deb, I'm so happy everything arrived safely and in good condition. I received your package today and just had a ball unwrapping it and pouring over each item. I just LOVE everything. The color of these buttons is amazing... so pretty! LOVE your A.T.C... LOVE the lace and roses... everything! THANK YOU so very much! Hope you have a great day and lots of fun creating!
HUGS!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...