Thursday 11 August 2011

Rubbish Blogger and No Crafting.......................

I really am hopeless during the summer with blogging and crafting but my girls are at home a lot during the holidays and I like to spend time with them rather than by myself in my craft room. If we're not out somewhere we'll be in the in the garden or conservatory chatting and while they're still living at home I want to make the most of them,time passes by so quick and you can never get those missed moments back.
I went to Bromsgrove crop on Saturday and did one and a half LO's ,I was more interested in my friends newborn baby who came along (start them early,I say) than scrapping. My finished LO was using a sketch by Lisa.



I've also got my my finished bunting  to show you all,I've hung it in my garden and love seeing it blowing about in the breeze,I'm quite pleased with my first attempt.I think it would look fabulous in a kids room with their name on,I might give that a go.



Have you noticed the Cath Kidston Cowboy print fabric,it matches my teepee so I had to add that to the bunting.
On Tuesday I had some friends around for afternoon tea,which was really good fun.I met them all through a card class that I use to go to, I don't get to see them as often as I would like but we had a good ole' catch up and ate lots of cake. Jan dressed the part and bought some gorgeous homemade scones,filled with cream and strawberries from her garden,delicious!!!!!!

 Jan and Maria,
Maria found her floral skirt out especially for today,don't they both look pretty.

Best scones ever!!!!!

Here's a few more pics.............




 Lady Binda

 Jan enjoying a slice of cake.

Dee eating sarnies with the crusts cut off,lol.

I will catch up with everyone's blogs hopefully over the weekend,thanks for looking and hope you don't mind my lack of cards and LO's at the moment,I will get back to it soon.

 xxxxDebxxxx

15 comments:

Lynnda said...

I got you...its SUMMER...time to enjoy!!!... GO for it... though I miss your craftystuffy here!!! simple & fabulous layout Deb.... and looking at your tea spread...making my stomach rumble... not good... its too yummylicious... and love that banner!!!... hugs...xoxo

farmhouse-story said...

looks like you've got a lot fun stuff going on--enjoy it:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee the lo and the banner!! And the tea with your friends looks like a TON of fun and YUMMY too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Now that is how a High Tea should be held Deb! But then again you're British and you girls just know best, lol! Really love how your banner turned out, it's fabulous! And don't worry about not crafting too much, same over here :-) Oh, before I forget, your LO looks pretty, too! Love that little envelope with tiny buttons! Have a great weekend, Ira x

Lea said...

It sounds to me like you're having a great summer! If you manage to squeeze in a few layouts, woo hoo! Love how the banner turned out!!!

Ros said...

Love you LO ... and that bunting? ... FABULOUS!!! and oh your Tea Party ... so brilliant ... love all the cakes and those scones look terrific!!

Lisa said...

thrilled that you used my sketch! (even though I didn't draw it very well!) Your layout is really super.
Love the bunting and the afternoon tea! Cool!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun post Deb! A little of this and a little of that! Awesome LO and what a fun pennant/bunting! I want to come and join you for tea and scones! I'll even wear a big bonnet :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Now I want to live near you so maybe I'll get invited for tea : ) those scones look yummy, super yummy, I even want to eat the cake stand, everything just look too delicious over there.
So is the banner in the garden, I bet it looks festive with your teepee. And the layout is fabulous, love that sketch you used as well as all the embellishment, thanks for sharing a wonderful post!

Sue Althouse said...

Wow, I would come to your house for tea any day! Looks fantastic! Your blog is not going anywhere, and your girls will be grown up before you know it, so spend all the time you can with them!

Theresa said...

totally understand the busy times in the summer.. love your layout.. great white space. and wonderful pics, looks like fun friend time... =)

Unknown said...

Looks like a splendid time was had by all.. And the food looks so yummy. You got me drooling all over my computer..

Your layout looks awesome right along with your banner.. How fun is that..

Take care and enjoy my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Linda Breedlove said...

Deb, this is a great post. Lets us see you a little more up close and personal. Boy, could I go for some of that cake, yum!

Stella said...

The LO is gorgeous and the bunting is STUNNING! And scones with strawberries; sounds like heaven :) but the photo of that cake made me hungry too :)

Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Thanks for the update and don't bother about not being around; life is busy for all of us so there is no need to apologise!

Have a great weekend!
XXX

Anonymous said...

I wanna come to your tea party! That bunting looks familiar.... ;)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...