Friday 30 November 2012

DIY Advent Calender.......



Yay, it's December tomorrow, it's time to put up your advent calendar, even though my girls are 17 & 22, I still love to do them one. We did have a shop bought one with little pockets, until I put it in the washing machine, last week, and it totally fell apart, oops !!!
Anyway, I had all the little presents, wrapped in white tissue paper and no advent calender, but as I was blog hopping the other day, I came across a blog called Silly Old Suitcase and there was a post for advent calender idea's.
I loved the brown bag, lace and button one which I will be doing next year, but as I had already wrapped them up in tissue paper, I went with the washi tape idea.
When I was in Spain, I picked up some numbered pegs, so I added the washi tape to the little parcels and strung them along the fireplace, ( we don't use the fire, so it's safe).


 
If you need some idea's for small advent gifts, I bought chocolate, sweets, jewellery, lip balm and hair clips, anything that's little and girly really.

I have bought myself one too, I saw this by Regia Christmas Calender in House of Fraser, it has a 24 knitting patterns for the Christmas countdown.


I haven't looked through the patterns as I like the surprise element of advent calenders, but going by Day 1, the patterns and photographs are going to be gorgeous.


I can't wait to try some of the patterns out, watch this space. Have a great weekend, and I hope you've all got your advent calenders ready.

xxxxDebxxxx

10 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

WOW! WOW! I love this idea. Thanks for sharing, Something I might do next year.

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Really is gorgeous Deb!
Victoria xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the little bags and the way you decorated them!!!

Ros Crawford said...

That's so very cute and I love your gift to yourself ... the pictures are lovely and I know you will be making some fabulous things ...

Unknown said...

Really love your fireplace Deb, it looks very inviting with all these wonderful sweet little parcels! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Stefanie said...

What a cute advent idea you've made. The numbered pegs are adorable and festive. What sorts of things do you put for a teenager and a young adult?

Lynnda said...

wow they are cool and fun!!! I love the,... Clever Deb!!! hugs..xoxo

Sue Lelli said...

Oh I LOVE this idea and the tissue and washi tape! What a FUN way to display the advent gifts! Also LOVE that you bought something FAB for you, too, Deb!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea. They look so pretty hanging there..

Hugs~

Joanna M said...

Soooo Cute Deb! I LOVE this idea! I think I might do this next year too! Thanks for the fantastic idea! Love your new patterns and can't wait to see your creations! Hugs, Joanna

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...