Friday, 30 November 2012

DIY Advent Calender.......



Yay, it's December tomorrow, it's time to put up your advent calendar, even though my girls are 17 & 22, I still love to do them one. We did have a shop bought one with little pockets, until I put it in the washing machine, last week, and it totally fell apart, oops !!!
Anyway, I had all the little presents, wrapped in white tissue paper and no advent calender, but as I was blog hopping the other day, I came across a blog called Silly Old Suitcase and there was a post for advent calender idea's.
I loved the brown bag, lace and button one which I will be doing next year, but as I had already wrapped them up in tissue paper, I went with the washi tape idea.
When I was in Spain, I picked up some numbered pegs, so I added the washi tape to the little parcels and strung them along the fireplace, ( we don't use the fire, so it's safe).


 
If you need some idea's for small advent gifts, I bought chocolate, sweets, jewellery, lip balm and hair clips, anything that's little and girly really.

I have bought myself one too, I saw this by Regia Christmas Calender in House of Fraser, it has a 24 knitting patterns for the Christmas countdown.


I haven't looked through the patterns as I like the surprise element of advent calenders, but going by Day 1, the patterns and photographs are going to be gorgeous.


I can't wait to try some of the patterns out, watch this space. Have a great weekend, and I hope you've all got your advent calenders ready.

xxxxDebxxxx

10 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

WOW! WOW! I love this idea. Thanks for sharing, Something I might do next year.

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Really is gorgeous Deb!
Victoria xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the little bags and the way you decorated them!!!

Ros Crawford said...

That's so very cute and I love your gift to yourself ... the pictures are lovely and I know you will be making some fabulous things ...

Ira Huberts said...

Really love your fireplace Deb, it looks very inviting with all these wonderful sweet little parcels! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Kepanie said...

What a cute advent idea you've made. The numbered pegs are adorable and festive. What sorts of things do you put for a teenager and a young adult?

Lynnda said...

wow they are cool and fun!!! I love the,... Clever Deb!!! hugs..xoxo

Sue Lelli said...

Oh I LOVE this idea and the tissue and washi tape! What a FUN way to display the advent gifts! Also LOVE that you bought something FAB for you, too, Deb!

Linda R said...

What a wonderful idea. They look so pretty hanging there..

Hugs~

Joanna M said...

Soooo Cute Deb! I LOVE this idea! I think I might do this next year too! Thanks for the fantastic idea! Love your new patterns and can't wait to see your creations! Hugs, Joanna

Twas the Night Before Christmas Socks.....Christmas Eve Cast On.

I'm so excited to let you all know, my friend  Dani  from  Little Bobbins Knits  has just released her very first sock pattern, ju...