Friday, 15 March 2013

Pillow Box......with a washi/fabric tape tea light.



Happy Friday, everyone, I'm sure the weeks are going quicker !!!! Tomorrow, I'm hosting a Baby Shower for my sister, who has her baby boy in 8 weeks time. I will be serving Afternoon Tea with lots of fun and games.

I thought I would give all the guests a little 'Thank You' gift as they left, like a grown-up party bag. I covered each Pillow Box, which I cut using the Sizzix Pillow Box die, with SU Tea for Two paper and cut a small doily into quarters. I had some small shop bought tags which I stamped a tag from the IBS Fancy Tags set and then stamped the 'Thanks' which is from the Little Phrases II. Lastly I added the bow, IBS Flowers and the tag to the box.

I decided to put a little scented tealight in each box, but decorated them with washi/fabric tape, I used was fabric.

I bought some inexpensive candles...........


and transformed them into these.


I covered around the plain metal with the tape, make sure the tape doesn't overhang the top, you don't want the flame to catch it. I did burn a candle to check that it was safe after the fabric tape was added, it was absolutely fine but please put it on a safe surface and don't leave it burning unattended.



Have a great weekend and I will let you know how the baby shower went in the next few days.

xxxxDebxxxx

11 comments:

Stel said...

Good plan! I have a bit of washi tape that I didn't know what to do with.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! These look so beautiful! Wonderful job Deb and beautiful choice of colours ... have a great time!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee these! WOW!! What a great idea for the candles and love love love the pillow boxes!! So pinning this!!

Lisa said...

what super gifts - and such pretty colours too. so lovely, you should set up a shop :-)

Gloria Stengel said...

These are AMAZING!

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Ooh, these are so very pretty!...(some of my most favourite colours too)..Hope you have a fabulous time,
Susan x

Hazels Crochet said...

I have tape like this, and I love this idea...it is so simple and very pretty :D

Anne said...

What a lovely gift.
It look very pretty. :)

Ira Huberts said...

Fabulous and supersweet looking gifts Deb, the recipients will be so thrilled! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Kepanie said...

These are pretty! I love that you handmade them all.

Linda R said...

What a cute idea. I bet the guest loved them..

Hugs~

Twas the Night Before Christmas Socks.....Christmas Eve Cast On.

I'm so excited to let you all know, my friend  Dani  from  Little Bobbins Knits  has just released her very first sock pattern, ju...