Wednesday 23 April 2014

Yarn Along.......Striped Garter Stitch Baby Blanket.

 

Hello my friends, I hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend and the weather was kind to you. We had our usual family get together as we do most high days and holidays!!!!

Jodie came home for the weekend and on Saturday we went to Stourport on Severn, had a lovely walk along the river then had lunch at little pub overlooking the river, watching all the boats, sail by.

My Mom and Dad had us all round on Easter Sunday for tea and had an Easter Egg hunt for Olivia, it started to rain so they had to be hid around the house.

It didn't take her long to find them all, here she is looking very proud of herself!

Instead of an Easter egg, we bought her this cute apron. My friend Lyn makes them and fills the pockets with Crayola's, I think it's a great gift for kids.

As you can see, she was very happy with it!!!!

Now onto the knitting, I've been working on the Striped Garter Stitch Baby Blanket and as I said in the last post, I asked my friends on Instagram to pick the order of colours.

I went down the comments in order and this is how it turned out, I've used all nine colours now, so will carry on picking the colours randomly until I run out of yarn. It matches "baby's" new toy, that my Mom bought. We find out in four weeks, if it's a boy or a girl!!!!!! Eeek, *excited*!!!!!!

The other thing I've been working on this week is the test knit for Sarah from Crafts from the Cwtch, the pattern is due for release very soon and will give you more details with a pattern giveaway.

The only other project that has seen some love this week are my Crocus Socks, I've turned the heel and now on the leg. I've also started a new book called The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. I'm having trouble putting this down, I'm really enjoying it and won't take me long to finish this one.

Check out more Work in Progress over at Ginny's Yarn Along and Tami's WIP Wednesday.

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope to have a FO for Friday, so see you then.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

20 comments:

gilly said...

Love, love, love your baby blankie - and Olivia's little apron is just gorgeous, what a fab idea!
Xx

Babajeza said...

Very springy colours! Have a nice week. Regula

Candace said...

Deb, the baby blanket is looking lovely. Also liking the test knit shawl you are making.

Anonymous said...

Your blanket is lovely and I love that apron... it's amazing!

Ros Crawford said...

Stourport on Severn ... that evokes wonderful memories for me ...
I love that little apron ... I need one with baking utensils in Lol! Glad you enjoyed your Easter

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the Easter photos!! Toooooooooo cute!!! And love love love the colors in that blanket you are making!!!!

Anonymous said...

The blanket is coming out to pretty! I adore the colours :)

momwhoknits said...

That blanket looks yummy enough to eat. It reminds me of skittles.

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful baby blanket the colours are stunning. The apron is amazing what a great idea.

Donna said...

That apron is a great idea. Perfect for the little artist! Your blanket looks great. The colors are wonderful for a baby.

Jo said...

How did I miss that gorgeous bunny? I like that blanket good for girls and boys and for watching TV at the same time! Jo x

Stefanie said...

That blanket is fabulous. I love these colors. The little one is sweet and what a cool, crayon apron! Your shawl is absolutely lovely.

Anonymous said...

I love the bright blanket, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Lovely photos Deb, that crayon apron is an absolutely brilliant idea for children and your knits look amazing, so pretty! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Ladybird Diaries said...

Absolutely love the blanket. The colours are wonderful...makes me think of brightly coloured sweeties.
Marianne x

Unknown said...

Oh your blanket is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Hi Deb what a fabulous post - your blanket is just so cute and cosy and I am sure that this will become a family heirloom. Your little one is such a cutie and what a fabulous idea for the pinny, I know my little Peeps would love one of these. As always Deb it is such a pleasure to call over to see you. You are such a talented and inspiring lady. Have a wonderful weekend, sending you lots of loves and hugs
Dorothyxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joy said...

This is such a sweet and fresh baby blanket Deb, I really like it - garter stitch often surprises me with its stunning statements!
The crayola apron is such a great idea and little Olivia is certainly happy with it, isn't she!
Lovely happy family times - you can't beat them!
Love, Joy xo

CathieJ said...

You have so many beautiful knits in progress. Love the baby blanket! That crayon apron is such a great gift for a little one.

Josie said...

What a lovely Easter post - olivia is a complete darling! Also loving your gorgeous blanket x

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...