Monday 15 January 2018

The Year of Socks.



Hello there, I hope 2018 has been good to you so far. Well, last year was the year of socks for me, I added up how many pairs that I knit in 2017. I knit 18 pairs of socks!!!!! I can't quite believe it myself but they were my go-to project and found plain vanilla socks very meditative and therapeutic for me. If you want to see all the different designs that I knit, you can check out my Ravelry project page.


These are one of the last pairs I finished, they are one of my favourite socks that I've knit. I used Grundl Hot Socks Pearl Colour, it has cashmere in the merino/nylon blend and is exceptionally soft. I knit the leg fairly long, I wanted a nice, cosy pair for the winter. I used Hot Socks Pearl for the cuff, heels and toes the solid colour version of this beautiful yarn.



The last pair of the year was my Christmas Stripe Socks, knit with Knit Picks Felici in Spring Blooms so not officially a Christmas colour but it reminded me of the bright vintage colours.


I have cast on a pair of socks this year but I definitely won't be knitting 18 as I want to knit more garments. Again, I'm knitting with Knit Picks Felici in Chesire Grin, rather than doing a plain sock though, I'm using Vanilla Bean Striped Sock by Emily O'Grady, which is more of a recipe than a pattern. It relies on that you know how to knit a basic sock but I love the simple slip stitches that break up the stripes.

What are your favourite things to knit? Is there a pattern that you go back to again and again?

Have a great week and happy knitting.
xxxxDebxxxx


8 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

All beautiful! I love your color sense.

autumngeisha said...

What lovely socks! How great to have 18 new pairs to wear. I love the combination of the Felici with the Vanilla Bean recipe.

SewIknit2 said...

Lovely socks! This year I too am resolved to knitting more garments and have cast on for the Stockbridge cardigan! I'm planning to knit the socks from handmade sock society too! Happy knitting!

Lulu said...

beautiful socks..i would love to learn how to knit baby socks..

Lazy Days & Sundays said...

I took up a challenge to myself last year to knit a pair of socks a month + two additional pairs for Winnick Mums Sock line for yarndale so I know just how you feel. I was so looking forward to not knitting any this year other than for the sock line but I am finding strangely that I am missing knitting them so I may just have to cast a pair on. I don't think it's help by the fact I know I still have sock yarn sitting in my stash box.

Melissa hogan said...

My husband left me last year after 25 years of marriage (he turned 50). It has been the most difficult year of my life, but full of lessons about myself and what life and marriage are all about. I am passionate about marriage and i didn't give up on my husband. resides in USA, I entered online in search of advice on how i can amend my marriage while i was at work. I saw so many positive reviews and nice feed back about how a Doctor called Robinson.buckler@ yahoo. com has been wonderful with his work. I gave a shot to make contact with him via his Email and he assured me that my marriage will be peaceful and i believed in his words. 16 hours after he finished work, my husband came back home pleading and now, we are living peacefully again. Get in contact with him if you need any help.

Europa fashions said...

The blog you have produced is really fantastic and I promise to come again to increase me in knowledge. I need concrete information about the products like wholesale womens clothing uk. This is because I need to initiate the business of the products.
wholesale womens fashion uk

Sock Vault said...

"Wow, 18 pairs of socks in a year? That's some impressive knitting dedication! Fun Kids Socks
truly are a soothing and creative canvas. Your Grundl Hot Socks Pearl Colour pair looks incredibly cozy, and your Christmas Stripe Socks are full of vibrant charm. Here's to a fantastic year of crafting in 2018, whether it's more socks or exciting new garments. Happy knitting!"

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...