Friday 4 November 2011

Steel Blue, Grey & Yellow.............


What a wonderful colour combo and once again I wouldn't have put them together myself, thank goodness for CR84FN and the inspiration they give.


Yesterday, I received my first stamp set from Inspired by Stamping, I wanted to use them straight away even though I should be getting my things ready for Bromsgrove's Cropaganza tomorrow. I've got to say they are a pleasure to stamp with, giving a lovely crisp image even with using Tim Holtz Distress inks, that don't normally like clear stamps.I also used sketch #42 from Cardabilities.


Yesterday, I went to the Hobbycrafts show at the N.E.C. and had a great day out with Maria and Lyn, my crafting buddies. I was on the look out for a Cheery Lyn doily die which I'd seen Stella using recently, I went for the French Pastry which was just the right size for cards, I cut it out using some yellow Prima paper. I also reached for my Amy Butler Lotus papers, as these were perfect for this colour challenge.


The Inspired by Stamping stamp set was Birthday Wishes which is full of sentiments, frames and pretty icons, perfect for inside and outside your card, the frame stamp was perfect to use with Nestibilities as are all the sentiments.

Supplies
Stamps- Inspired by stamping,
Papers- K&CO Amy Butler, Prima
Dies- Sissix, Nestibilities, Cheery Lyn

As I said earlier, it's Bromsgrove's Cropaganza tomorrow so that's 12 hours of scrapbooking, including three classes with the talented Ifa Zainon. I'm soooo looking forward to it and will show you my projects sometime next week.

Have a great weekend !!!!!
xxxxDebxxxx

20 comments:

Mommy Minded said...

I cant wait to see more. Love all of these colors!

Unknown said...

Now did you make the card first and was the challenge based on your card or was it the other way around ;-) It's that perfect! Fantastic quote, too, so very true!! Ira xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the yellow doily and the butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Deb! Love the yellow doily and fluttering butterflies! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

farmhouse-story said...

what an adorable take on the sketch, deb! have a fun time scrapping!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Love your CAS card and your DPs are divine!! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Cardabilities. xxx Steph (Cardabilities DT)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! Great mix of patterned papers and those butterflies fluttering about look amazing! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Julie J said...

I like that. Just trying to decide whether to print some photos now or stop fighting it and go to bed. See you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Card Deb!!! It is just beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful Card.. Put together perfectly. Love that yellow doilie..

Hope you have a fabulous weekend my friend.. Hugs, Linda

Stella said...

Thiese challenges and your card are made for each other. You sure nailed them both!I think I see a winner!!!!
Gorgeous Deb and I love that doily :). Good to read you found it and I know that you will use it just as much as I do :)
Have a great weekend XXXX

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Love that yellow doily and the pretty butterflies! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Lisa Elton said...

Great job with the sketch and the colors! Love the sweet fluttery butterflies!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous colours x

Lisa said...

that doily is a die cut? oh wow - it's gorgeous. And lovely to see those papers which reminds me to get them out. I have all of them as i was so in love with them but I just never got around to using many of them. Gorgeous card and the stamp looks great. pretty as always

Ros said...

Love this ... that's a great sketch and you got the colours just right ... love the doily!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is such a lovely creation, love the colors!!!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your big yellow doily, Lynn and that FAB focal sentiment! CUTE little butterflies! All around FAB card!

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful Deb. I always love butterflies. I have that paper and forgot all about it. Sad hu? Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)
Hugs~

Unknown said...

wow!!! I just LOVE the doity!Your card is really gorgeous!
thanks for playing with us at cardabilities!
Clelia

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...