Wednesday 12 September 2012

Whoo Hoo Wednesday.....Emboss Resist Technique.

Hi, it's my turn to host Inspired by Stamping Whoo Hoo Wednesday and I'm going to show you a simple tutorial on the emboss resist technique.

You will need:


Stamps
light colour pattern paper/cardstock 
VersaMark ink
white embossing powder
heat gun
coloured inks
paper towel


Using VersaMark ink, stamp your image onto the paper/card, I used the large doily from IBS Delicate Doilies II and cover the image with the white embossing powder, tip the excess back into the pot.


Heat the image with your heat embossing tool until the image becomes glossy be careful not to overheat as the image will flatten. It doesn't look much at the moment, the magic happens once you add the ink.


Sponge over the entire image with inks or PanPastels, I chose to use TH Distress ink, once you've got the depth of colour you want, wipe over with a paper towel, to take off any ink from the glossy white image, leaving you with a beautiful sharp image that seems to pop off the paper.

Here's my finished card.


Supplies
Stamps- IBS Delicate Doilies II, IBS Fancy Sentiments (released on Saturday)
Papers- October Afternoon Thrift Shop, SU First Edition.

I hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial and thanks for stopping by.

Happy Crafting
xxxxDebxxxx

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

BEautiful Debs ... love your colour choice and the whole card looks incredible delicate

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!! I love love love love how you made that!!!!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. I just love the background paper you used to do your emboss resist. And I am in LOVE with that stamp..

Hugs~

Stefanie said...

Great tutorial Deb. I Pinned it.

Unknown said...

Oh, I just love texts/words and I think you made a fabulous background with that lovely doily Deb, gorgeous! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lynnda said...

Simply gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!!! Hugs...xoxo

Colleen Dietrich said...

Saw this at IBS blog and think it's fantastic! I like how you softly inked up the area around the doily.

Sarah said...

Beautiful card. Love the doily stamp embossed onto the print. Great tutorial.

Sarah x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...