Wednesday 9 January 2013

Whoo Hoo Wednesday.........stamping on ribbon.



Hi there, crafty friends, I'm back today with this week's Inspired by Stamping Whoo Hoo Wednesday. Today, I'm going to show you how to make your own custom ribbon by stamping onto some plain ribbon. My favourite sort of ribbon to stamp on is a plain cotton with a nice, even weave.


Decide what stamps and inks that you want to use, I choose to use the bunting from the Mason Jar set and 'birthday wishes' from Little Phrases. I'm using SU water-based dye ink in Tempting Turquoise, Summer Starfruit, Calypso Coral, Lucky Lemonade and Melon Mambo.



I prefer to use darker, deeper colours so it shows up better on ribbon, the colour doesn't stamp as dark as if it was on card.




So that's all there is to it, very simple, you could use any stamps, any colours, to match whatever papers, you want to use.

It's my friend's little granddaughter's birthday soon, so I made this card for her, using the stamped ribbon.



I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial and will give it a go soon.
Supplies
Stamps- Mason Jars, Little Phrases
Papers- Pink Paislee.
Pretties- SU Cotton Ribbon, K and Co Felt Flowers.
Tools- SU Scalloped Border Punch
Happy Crafting
xxxxDebxxxx

11 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you made that banner ribbon! So CLEVER! GREAT card Deb!

Candace said...

Really pretty Deb. Never thought to stamp on ribbon. Very effective.

Sarah said...

that's really pretty, demo deb xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this Deb!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the banner you made and loving the little flowers and colors!!

Unknown said...

very lovely card and awesome result of stamping on ribbon !

Evelyn said...

What a beautiful ribbon with such a lovely touch!

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! So soft and pretty Debs

Unknown said...

The effect of stamping on ribbon is always special, but I love your use of those fine pastel colours, makes it look so delicate! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Stefanie said...

Oh that's so cool! I'll have to Pin that.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Deb. I like how you stamped on the ribbon with different ink colors. Beautiful card!

JulieJ said...

That stamped ribbon is lovely.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...