Friday 17 January 2014

FO Friday............Rosebud Socks.



Hello, just a quick post, today, I want to show you my first knitted Finished Object of 2014. I've finally finished my Rosebud Socks, I started these socks at the beginning of December, they seem to have taken me quite a while to finish but I have been working on lots of other projects through December. I used Rowan Fine Art in colour 302 Tawny, I love sock yarn from Indie dyers but for a branded sock yarn, I love this, it knits up beautifully and is very soft.


This pattern is from the book Toe-Up Socks for Every Body by Wendy D. Johnson, it's a great book and I will eventually knit most of the socks in there. I can also recommend Socks from the Toe-Up, also by Wendy D. Johnson which I've knit a few of the patterns from. If you've never knit toe-up before or even if it's your first time knitting any type of socks, I highly recommend these books.

There are different options for casting on the toes and creating the heels, with excellent tutorials. I urge you to try all the different options and eventually you will find your preferred method. I use Judy's Magic Cast-On for the toes and make a gusset heel. There is also a section on different Bind-Offs, which is the next thing I'm going to try. I do regular cast off, the patterns always say bind off loosely but no matter how loose I do it, I always struggle to get them on my feet. I've started using a bigger needle to bind off which is slightly better but I'm going to give Tubular Bind Off a go, on my next pair of socks, which give a stretchy edge.



 Check out Tami's blog, for more FO's, this week. Have a great weekend, whatever you are up to, I'm meeting friends tomorrow for Afternoon Tea, which I'm looking forward to.

Thanks for popping by.
xxxxDebxxxx


19 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING the colors in that yarn!!!!!

Amy at love made my home said...

The colour is beautiful, and so are your finished socks!! Great to have your first FO of the year!! xx

Unknown said...

Very lovely indeed! The colour is rich and gorgeous, and the pattern looks so cozy! Chrissie x

moleymakes said...

They're beautiful socks Deb. Are you joining operation sock drawer? I'm taking part in Knitting with Sarah's KAL this year in a bid to increase my own sock drawer :)

ColourMeCrochet said...

Such pretty socks, I may have to see if I can find a crochet pattern as you have now inspired me.
xxx

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Those are beautiful and I love the color. I hope to have my first 2014 project done soon.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! The yarn and the pattern work wonderfully together

Clare said...

These are sooooooooooo pretty
Clare x

elns said...

Those socks are beautiful. The yarn really plays up the texture in the pattern!

Stefanie said...

These are extraordinarily lovely! I can envision them paired with sandals and a floral skirt and cardigan.

Joy said...

Lovely lovely socks Deb, you've done a beautiful job with them, and thanks for all the tips and advice as well as books suggested! I hope your weekend is a really good one! Hugs, Joy x

Sarah said...

Those socks look so snuggly x

Lynnda said...

Beautiful socks! Hugs...x

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful work!

Unknown said...

In a word Debs, fabulous - lovely to look at, wonderful yarn and glorious pattern. Well done, you are an inspiration. Have a wonderful Sunday
Big hugs to you
Dorothy
:-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Not only do I love the colour of your socks Deb, but the pattern as well, so pretty! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Stella said...

Love that pattern; just one nmore to go:). You did a fab job! X

White style said...

Complimenti!!

Fla

www.maisondepointrouge.blogspot.com

Frank John said...

Beautiful Lovely..!! I want to buy it for my kids.
leather cotton socks | socks moccasins

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...