Tuesday 5 August 2014

Sunburst Shawl.......

Do you remember this yarn from the other week? I was using it for a test knit, I can now show you the finished project.
 

It's the Sunburst Shawl by Helen Stewart, and is the August release for Dream Big 2014. If you haven't heard of Dream Big, it's a collection of ten patterns and you receive one a month over ten months or you can buy the patterns separate as they are released but by buying the e-book the patterns only work out at £1.20!!!!!

It's an elegant, beaded crescent shaped shawl with an Art Deco feel, perfect for summer evenings. I used Yarn Pony Show Pony 4ply in the colour Berry Surprised, it is a beautiful blend of 50% merino and 50% silk and was perfect for this pattern.

I used size 6 Miyuki bead in Aqua Transparent with Fushia lining which suited the colour of the yarn perfectly, when it catches the light, it looks really pretty. I bought my beads from The Bead Merchant, they have a super quick delivery service and great customer service. I prefer to use a .75mm you could use a 1mm but sometimes the 1mm won't go through the centre.

Here's a close up, you can see the beautiful starburst pattern. I really enjoyed this knit and it was the first time I'd added beads to my knitting, it was really easy and I have since added beads to another shawl I'm working on. If you fancy giving it a go, there's a good feature on Knitty.com but the actual pattern gives good instructions.

Have a good week.

xxxxDebxxxx

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee the color!!!!!

Lynnda said...

Oh wow!! This is beautiful !! Hugs x

Una said...

Stunning and I love the way it has been displayed on a pretty stand. I discovered how easy it is to knit with beads recently. They definitely lift a project to another level.

Unknown said...

You sure picked a fine colour to make your shawl Deb, it looks amazing!! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Jo said...

You are hooked on beads now. I have added them in crochet but not to my knitting - there is something to aspire to. Jo x

karisma said...

Its very pretty.

Amy at love made my home said...

It is beautiful!!! xx

Stefanie said...

Goodness gracious! That is beautiful.

thesnailgarden said...

Stunning! Love your choice if yarn and beads. Best wishes, Pj x

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...