Thursday 30 November 2017

Knitvent 2017......Marzipan Leg Warmers.


Hello, I hope you've had a good week. I can't believe this week is the penultimate pattern of this year's Knitvent 2017, it's gone so quickly. Have you been knitting any of this year's patterns?

This week are the Marzipan Legwarmers, a perfect accessory which comes in three different sizes. I used Dusty Dimples Sparkle DK in Call Me Baby.


The pattern suggests a sport weight but again Helen Stewart's patterns are always so versatile and DK worked perfectly. I knit the pattern as written, the length was slightly longer using DK but that was ok, as they are supposed to have some slouch.


I knit these pretty cabled legwarmers in the toddler size, Darcie loves her ballet class and these pretty cable designs are perfect for those budding ballerinas.


These aren't just for your little dancers though, they are perfect for adults too, find your inner ballerina. They would be great for wearing with boots or just relaxing at home to keep you warm and cosy. I can't wait to cast a pair on for myself.

Happy Knitting
xxxxDebxxxx

2 comments:

Jo said...

Helloooo, haven't been over here for ages but the yarn picture drew me in. I love those legwarmers and might pop over and take a look at the pattern. I love a cable but not when the wholw pattern is complicated so those look ideal. Jo x

Stefanie said...

I cannot believe how big this little miss is now. Gorgeous skin, beautiful hair, and those sweet little toddler dimples. I think I'll have to check out Helen's patterns. I haven't really looked at them because I'm not really a shawl person but I'm now noticing some eye candy on her designer page. I think I knitted her Afternoon Tea shawl for C's 4th grade teacher five years ago. That was the most ambitious lace pattern I've ever knitted and did well on.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...