Friday 8 December 2017

Knitvent 2017....... Clara's Cape



 Hello, I hope you've all had a good week. We are at the end of this year's Knitvent 2017 by Curious Handmade and what a great collection. I have loved all of this year's patterns with the most adorable Nutcracker theme.

The final pattern is Clara's Cape, a gorgeous bulky weight cape, perfect to fit over your shoulders to keep the chill away.
It's a great piece for wearing underneath a coat for that extra layer or over if you prefer, though most evening I sit at home wearing it whilst knitting. It keeps the chill off and is very cosy.


I used Drops Andes, a soft blend of alpaca and Peruvian Highland Wool as this is what I had in my stash, I would like to knit one in a more luxurious yarn maybe held with a strand of mohair silk to make it extra soft. In saying that the Drops Andes is very soft and squishy plus very economical. I used 2 balls which cost me less than £6!

I hope you all have a good weekend, it's been snowing here in the Midlands and is forecast for the next few days so I don't think I'll be moving far from the house.

Happy Knitting
xxxxDebxxxx

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

This is a cozy capelet. It'd be so cute over a dress.

Caffeine Girl said...

I've loved Knitvent, too, and I expect I'll knit up most of the patterns within the next year. I finished the cowl and immediately started the hat. Truly beautiful designs!

Deb Hickman said...

It really is very cosy, I don't take mine off since it was released.

Deb Hickman said...

I'm so glad you've enjoyed it, it's been a good one this year.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...