Yes I've been tagged by Lisa this is my first one so I'm quite excited so here goes
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Broke my ankle.:-(
Went to a heath spa for two days. Total pampering and relaxation.
Tried oysters (never again!!)
2. What are your New Year’s Resolutions?
I didn't make any because I never keep to them so I thought if I didn't make the usual one " to lose weight" I might actually lose the weight. Does that make sense!!!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2009?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No thank goodness!
5. What countries did you visit?
Gozo but airport is in Malta so does that count as two.
6 What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A luckier year.
The last 18 months have been so unlucky for us so hopefully 2010 will be the start of good things.
7. What date(s) in 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?
15th April. I broke my ankle.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting the house back to normal after the flood.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't manage to lose weight again in fact I put it on!!! Double failure.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
I fell down the stairs and broke my ankle in three places.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Mick bought me a Dior cocktail ring which I love and will treasure forever also my girls bought me a Nokia E63 which I'd had my eye on for a while.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Jodie who did her first year at Uni and Paige who got herself two jobs to earn herself some pocket money.
13. Whose behaviour appalled and depressed you?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Going out and enjoying ourselves!!!
They say life begins at 40.
and though I hate to admit it scrapbooking supplies.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
My holiday to Gozo.
It is such a special place,the people are so friendly and welcoming, great weather, great beaches,great food. I just love it.
16. What song(s) reminds you of 2009?
I'm Yours- Jason Mraz.
It's our holiday song so it makes me feel happy.
17. Compared to last year are you...
a.) Happier or Sadder? happier
b.) Thinner or Fatter? fatter
c.) Richer or Poorer? the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating and drinking
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We had Mom & Dad round for lunch and then the my Sister,Brother and their partners with all the kids so we had a house full but I love it.My nieces and nephew are still little so it's great to still have some of the magic now my kids are a lot older.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No I haven't fell out of love with my husband yet.
22. What was your favourite TV program?
Home and Away. It has been gripping the last 6 months.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
The Return by Victoria Hislop. What a fantastic historical romance. It isn't a soppy romance it is set in Granada 1936 during Franco's coup and present day. It is written so beautifully it tugs at the heart strings a real page turner.
25. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 41 and I spent it on Ramla beach in Gozo and then a fantastic meal on the seafront in Marsalforn.
26. What was your best musical discovery?
Andre Rieu, not my usual choice of music but I just love the way he plays Strauss.
27. What did you want and get?
A decorated house (we had a flood and were down to bare walls and floor downstairs for the first 6 months of the year while it dried out).
A brand new fitted bedroom (my liitle oasis)
A new craft room.
28. What was your favourite film of the year?
Slumdog Millionaire but the book was better.
The Boy in Striped Pyjamas it was made in 2008 but I didn't see it until 2009.
29. What did you want and not get?
I think I got everything i wanted except a Chanel bag. Only joking.
30. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing weight I know I would be happier and more confident.
31. How would you describe your fashion concept for 2009?
I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl but I started wearing leggings which was a big mistake as you don't realise your putting on the weight because they grow with you!
32. What kept you sane?
My family and friends
My hobby (scrapbooking).
33. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most?
34. What political issue stirred you most?
The soldiers that have been killed in Afganistan. One of Jodie's best friend is a soldier and I dread the day he is sent over there.
35. Who do you miss?
Jodie when she's at Uni and my Gran.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Mark, my friends new partner.He is funny,kind and makes my friend happy.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned.
You know who your true friends are when you really need them. When I broke my ankle and I was in and out of hospital I was really down I couldn't do anything for myself but my friends were there for me they kept me company,did my housework and washing. I am really grateful to them all.
38. Quote a song line that defines your year.
Things can only get better
Can only get better
It wasn't our best year but things can only get better :-)
Well that is my yearly review. It will be interesting to see how my answers change for 2010. Will be back later to tell you about our Cropaganza.
It was meant to be...
1 day ago