Hi, I'm back today with my WIP, as you know last week I was struggling with the Regency Sock pattern, I'd nearly got to the toe and realised mine looked different to the actual pattern, so I frogged it. I started again, did about two inches, made another mistake, so very frustrated with myself I decided to try a different pattern, without cable stitches.
I really wanted to knit at least one pair of socks this year, as it's something I've never really tried before apart from a really simple pair from a Rowan knitting kit. I had a look through my magazines and decided on the Crenate Socks by Rachel Coppey in The Knitter Issue 51, so using the same yarn, I cast on, again !!!!
I'm a determined person and don't give up easily and with lots of concentration and reading the pattern over and over again, I got into this pattern much easier than the last. I have now finished my first patterned sock and well on the way to finishing the second one.
I've enjoyed knitting these so much and been part of The Next Step Sock KAL organized by Sarah, has really helped with lots of encouragement and advice.
I think I've been bitten by the sock bug, luckily, Evelyn has started a Sock Bug Kal over on Ravelry so will be surely joining in with that KAL, too.
I have just been concentrating on socks for the last week, so Olivia's little cardi has been put on the back burner but I will get back onto it as soon as I've finished my first pair of socks.
I've finished the front and back so just have to knit the arms and button band, it will definitely be finished in the next couple of weeks.
Thank you for stopping by, for more WIP's check out Tami's blog.