Thursday 13 February 2020

Knit 20 for 2020 Challenge


Hello my friends, long time no see!  I haven't been able to get onto my blog for a while as I forgot my password! So after a fairly long hiatus, I'm back with lots of things to share.


Firstly, I'd like to share a new challenge for this year from my friend Helen of Curious Handmade, it's called Knit 20 for 2020. So who's up for a fun challenge? It can be a big or small as you like,  depending on how much knitting time you have, I'm going for the full 20 but you could tick off several boxes for one project. One of my projects is a cabled cowl so I could tick off #6 and #13. Helen is running it on Instagram with the hashtag #20knitsfor2020 and also on her Ravelry Group, it will be lovely to see your projects.



The biggest news that I have to share is I'm going to be a Nana again, my youngest daughter is having her first baby. The first project that I will be ticking off the list is 'GIFT', I'm knitting is the Spring into Summer Romper by OGE Knitwear Designs.
They aren't finding out the gender of the baby so I've chosen a neutral colour. I'm using Blacker Swan, Falkland Islands Wool by Blacker Yarns in Sand.


I'm knitting the first size 0-3 months, it's a really simple pattern and knits up very quickly. 



The first challenge on the list is 'Finish a WIP', I don't know why these aren't off the needles yet, it is such a small WIP. I started the Shortie Trainer socks back in September, I finished one and haven't picked them up since.
I'm using 30g of leftover sock yarn and a mini skein for the cuff, heel and toe. I'm not following a pattern, it's my own recipe. Here it is if you're interested, they are perfect for wearing with my Converse.

Shortie Trainer Sock Recipe


Cast on 64 sts

5 rows 1x1 rib 

7 rows stockinette 


knit the foot until you are 2"
shorter than needed.

Knit your favourite toe.



My third project on the needles is the Grete by Woolfolk Design Team, I splurged on the yarn using my Christmas money and bought the Woolfolk Luft from Loop London. I'm using Medium Grey, this bulky yarn is delightful. 'Luft' means 'Air' in Danish and I can see why they've named it this, it's so soft, light and airy.
I'm enjoying this pattern very much, been a bulky yarn it's a quick knit and the cables are very simple and easy to memorise.


I started my Cosy Nana Stripe Blanket three years ago but still enjoying every stitch. This is a crochet blanket but this challenge could be the push I need to finish it by the end of this year. It falls under 'Scrappy or Advent' and I'm using 6g of leftover sock yarn for each row. This is such a special project to me, my grandchildren love to chose which ball of yarn for the next row plus friends have sent me some yarn to add.



The final project I have to share is the Love Note Sweater by Tin Can Knits, this will tick off the 'Pullover' on the list. This wasn't planned but I saw someone wearing it and thought how nice it looked plus I had the right amount of yarn in my stash.
It only takes 2x100g skeins for the Large and the same meterage in mohair/silk, I'm using Ito Sensai in Pale Blush and the main yarn is Annabel Wiliams Corridale Sock in Pink Chai, naturally dyed with avocado. All of Annabel's yarn is responsibly sourced and naturally hand dyed, I've used her yarn before and highly recommend it.

Thank you for stopping by and I will be back on Saturday with an exciting pattern release that I'm looking forward to.

xxxxDebxxxx






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you know there's a 12 word sentence you can tell your man... that will induce intense emotions of love and impulsive appeal for you buried within his heart?

That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, admire and care for you with all his heart...

12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Instinct

This instinct is so built-in to a man's genetics that it will drive him to work better than ever before to build your relationship stronger.

Matter of fact, triggering this mighty instinct is absolutely essential to getting the best ever relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You'll soon notice him open his heart and soul to you in a way he never expressed before and he'll distinguish you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly attracted him.

Anonymous said...

Awesome designs for knitting. If you love knitwear,check out the collection of Plus Size Knitwear UK.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...