Wednesday 22 February 2012

All Buttoned Up...........

They say better late than never, I'm here again, it's the last day of Jingle Belles 'All Buttoned Up' challenge and I've just finished my card. I asked Lisa H to give me a nudge if I started to fall behind and this morning I had a message reminding me it was the last day, thank you Lisa.
As you can probably guess you have to use buttons on your card, even though I've only made my card this morning, I had been thinking about it all week and knew what I was going to do, so here it is.


I decided to make a button wreath, very simple but fun I think, I wouldn't mind a full size one for my front door this Christmas. I just love buttons and have a huge collection, I just can't help buying more if I see them.
I used two different size circle Nestabilities to get make the base, and then started layering the buttons up until I was happy with the look, I added a bow and stamped the sentiment. It's a great way to use some of those buttons up we all tend to hoard.
Thanks for looking and next time I'm going to try my hardest to get it done the first week of the challenge, you never know I may get one done the second week too.
Hugs
xxxxDebxxxx

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! Your card is ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeee that button wreath!

SmilynStef said...

Love love love that button wreath ... great combination of sizes & colors ... so very glad that nudge got you creating ... and so happy you joined us at jingle belles.

Unknown said...

Deb this is a super cute card

Jewel said...

That's a really lovely design! I would love to make a full size one for next year too! xxx

Lisa said...

Oh my Deb, this is just adorable! Love the colors and the bow looks terrific!

Dang, I missed the JB deadline :( I thought I had an extra day, guess I'll play catch-up with the new challenge posted Friday!

Lisa said...

When I saw your card I knew that that was what I should have done but then I would have been a copy cat so I didn't feel I should! But your card is totally gorgeous!

Candace said...

Just love this card Deb. Simple yet really effective.

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable card Deb! Love the button wreath!

lauren bergold said...

oh, ohhhh, OHHHH!!!!! this is as BRILLIANT as it is beeeeeautiful!!! you are a genius and i cannot wait to steal--or rather "pay tribute to" --this fabulously clever design! LOVVVVVVE it!!! <3

ps: that lisa h. is such a GOOD EGG, isn't she?!!! :)

Ros said...

Beautiful Debs ...

Lynnda said...

CAS - Pretty card!!! You rocked this one Deb!!! Hugs...xoxo

Unknown said...

This is so cute.. What a great idea. I am the same way with buttons.. I have jars full...

Hugs, Linda

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely button wreath!!!! Cute card!!!!

Unknown said...

I wouldn't call this simple Deb, it's fabulous! Love the use of the different sizes, Ira x

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh my, this is so cute! If you make the full-sized door version, we wanna see it! :)

Lorraine said...

Your combination of colors and sizes of buttons makes such a wonderful wreath. Love it!

Susanne said...

What a fab way to use buttons!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...