Saturday 25 February 2012

High Tea......at the Shabby Tea Room.

Whoohoo, it's Saturday and I'm off for afternoon tea at the champagne bar which fits in really well with this week's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room, which is called High Tea, look at this gorgeous photo, I've just started to collect vintage tea cups so this photo really appeals to me and I would love this one in my collection.


The Shabby Girls are asking us to create a project inspired by the colours and to use a doily. Here is my take.


I love these Pink Paislee Petite Pads, I nearly always use a square card so are the perfect size and the pattern is scaled down which is great for cards.

Supplies
Paper- Pink Paislee Sweetness Petite Pad
Stamp- Inspired by Stamping Small Fancy Label 18
Doily Die- Cheery Lyn French Pastry
Other- seam binding, flower.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll be back tomorrow.
xxxxDebxxxx

13 comments:

Unknown said...

The teacup and the card are both gorgeous! I'd be thrilled to receive a card like that xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful, Deb ... perfect for the Tea Room challenge this week! Thanks for sharing with us :)

Lisa said...

that really is a totally wonderful tea cup and your card certainly does it justice - just gorgeous

Ros said...

So pretty Deb ... hope your tea date went well

Anonymous said...

A perfect pairing of colors I LOVE it!!! Stunning!!Thanks so much for sharing your adorable card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving your teacup and the card is GORGEOUS! I loveeee the bow and that doily!!

Sarah said...

a beautiful card, it really picks up the colours and the feel of the tea cup

Susanne said...

Boththe card and the teacup are pure sweetness.

Unknown said...

This is such a wonderful take on the challenge Deb, such a dream of a card! Ira x

Unknown said...

Soooo pretty my friend. I love the doily and that pretty bow..

Hugs, Linda

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Sweet and so pretty, I am a big fan of the paper too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I have - and LOVE - that same Pink Paislee pack of papers, and agree with you on how beautiful they are! Love how simple your card is too, but the paper really shines.

Sue Lelli said...

This is just PERFECT with that FAB paper and doily and bow! LOVE how feminine it is!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...