Saturday 18 February 2012

Busy Doing Nothing.........

Where does the time go ? I can't believe it's been a week since my last post, I just haven't had much time to play in my craft room or go on the P.C to look at all my favourite blogs, I will try and catch up this week.
 I had the most wonderful surprise on Valentine's Day, I've wanted a DSLR for the past year but could never have afforded to buy one for myself, when I got downstairs Valentine morning my husband had left me a card and gift, when I opened the parcel inside was a Canon EOS 550D, to say I was shocked was an understatement, I couldn't believe my eyes. We don't normally buy gifts for Valentine so I hadn't got him anything, how bad did I feel !!!! I did cook him a nice meal on the evening though of, fillet steak with pepper sauce.


I did manage to get one card made this week but first I would like to say a big thank you to the girls over at CR84FN for choosing my altered photo frame as one of their Terrific Top 3 last week, I was thrilled and very honoured. This weeks colour combo is just beautiful and a gorgeous inspiration board too, I always look forward to seeing the new board, the graphics are always so inspiring as are the wonderful, uplifting quotes. Here is the challenge board for the next two weeks over at CR84FN.


Don't these colours look gorgeous together, I love lavender from the colour, to the flower, to the fragrance but for some reason I haven't got a lot of lavender stash, I must find some pretty lavender papers and embellishments.


I've kept this card simple as I wanted to show off this gorgeous grey doily paper from MME Love Me paper range. I stamped the frame with SU Lucky Limeade,then stamped the quote in SU Basic Grey. I love to read inspiring quotes and always write down any I see in my little notebook. I would love to buy a book of quotes, would anybody be able to recommend one for me, please.

Supplies

Stamps- Fancy Label 18, Sweet Valentine's, both Inspired by Stamping
Papers- My Minds Eye Love Me
Pretties- seam binding, roses

Yesterday my friend Kerry and I went to Worcester for the day, our first stop was Bubbly Funk craft shop where I bought a new Sizzix die and embossing folder, we then went to Worcester Catherdral to take some photo's with our new camera's, Kerry had her DSLR for Christmas. We paid £3 for a photo permit and started snapping away, I'm still learning what all the different setting do so my photo's weren't brilliant but practise makes perfect.






We then had lunch at Cafe Rouge, I had Ceasar salad but if you go there you have to have the french fries too, they are delicious !!!!!! After lunch we had a wonder around the city, I popped into House of Fraser to the wool department and found some Rowan wool at a bargain price so had to buy it. I will show you it on another post when I've decided what to do with it. Thanks Kerry for a great day !!!!
Thanks for looking, have a great weekend, everyone.
xxxxDebxxxx

19 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Oh, Deb, you are a lucky girl! What a surprise gift! WOW! I'm sure however you spoil your DH all year long! LOVE your card this week! The doily paper is YUMMY and that sentiment is PERFECT for a thank you card for your DH! LOVE the three flowers, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What an AWESOME gift!! YAYYYYY!! I loveeee the photos you took with it and love love love the card!! Beautiful flowers!

Claire Crompton said...

Wow lucky you Debs looks like you are having fun exploring with your new camera.

Cx

Candace said...

Lucky girl! Enjoy your new camera.

Heather Rogers said...

Yeah for you! That is such an awesome gift your hubby gave you. Your card is beautiful, love the pretty roses and sentiment. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)
Hugs~

Hazels Crochet said...

Canon DSLRs are awesome, I got a Canon 350D two years back and I adore it!
The card is very pretty :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a gift! Bet you hugged your DH more than once ;-) Love your card, you're right, these fabulous papers don't need much!

Ros said...

Who's a lucky girl then? Wow! what a fabulous gift ... and your card and photos are fabulous ... I've toyed with getting one of these cameras but the only thing that puts me off is finding the time to learn how to use it ... my brother is a master at it.
Will email you about the book ... have a great day

Julie J said...

What a fabulous surprise. Love that last lantern shot. I've misplaced the charger for my DSLR and the point and sheet is going on the blink, so I'm feeling a little lost at the moment.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness... What a wonderful surprise.. You are going to have so much fun with your new camera.. Love the shots you got here...

You card looks so pretty!!

Hugs, Linda

Deborah Frings said...

Deb - what a fabulous Valentine present! You're going to love the camera (I got mine last year). I think your card is just wonderful - that doily paper is so, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply beautiful Deb! Love the clusters of flowers! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photos as well! Happy to see you play along with CR84FN :)

Theresa said...

you have a wonderful hubby. That is an awesome gift. =) love the photos you took.....I love my DSLR and need to use it more.
Not much crafting over here either. going on a crop retreat in 2 weeks. Can't wait.
Happy Sunday!!! =)

Jackie xxx said...

You lucky girl. xxx Enjoy your new camera - you will love it.

Lynnda said...

What an AWESOME gift!! Love the photos you took with it!!! I love your card!!! Beautiful flowers too... Hugs...xoxo

Stefanie said...

What a fun new toy to master!

Lisa said...

what a fantastic present! you are going to have so much fun with it and if your photos from Worcester are anything to go by, you are going to be wow'ing us with gorgeous images all the time now!

Love your card of course and whenever I see your creations, it makes me realise that I'm a little stuck in a rut with my cards and that I'd love to learn more - are you going to do a course? Or just a stamping class? I am in desperate need of some tips there :-)

Are you going to be Jingle Belles'ing this week before the cut off (nudge nudge!)?

thesnailgarden said...

Wow, can I borrow your husband next Valentine's Day? I have mentioned your post to my husband, but I don't think he took any notice! :) Best wishes, Pj x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, lucky YOU!!!!
A beautiful card and gorgeous shots!!!!!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...