Friday 24 February 2012

It's all Natural.....CCCB #97

Hello, everyone, I hope you are all well and ready for the weekend. I've actually got around to sorting my craft room out this week, I haven't wanted to go in there for the past few weeks as it was so messy and I couldn't find what I wanted. I've loved been in there today, I work so much better in a tidy environment, I managed to get 7 cards done.
One of the cards I made is for City Crafter Challenge Blog, this week Linda is the hostess and has asked us to use natural colours and given us this photo as inspiration.


I also used Sketch 153 from Card Patterns.


Here's my card.


I used a variety of patterned papers and punched out 8 scalloped squares, I made the tissue paper flower using the Memory Box Fringe die, this is my favourite die at the moment. It makes great pompom style flowers using felt, fabric and paper.

Supplies
Paper- Crate Paper Brooke Collection, Making Memories Paper Reviene and Vintage Findings.
Printed Tissue Paper- 7Gypsies.
Die- Memory Box.
Other- SU Kraft seam binding, SU scalloped punch, SU Happy Anniversary stamp, lace.

Have a good weekend, everyone. I'm off to Birmingham tomorrow for afternoon tea to celebrate my friend's birthday, I've always wanted to do a proper afternoon tea and really looking forward to it.

Hugs
xxxxDebxxxx

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous Card Deb! Love the neutrals! And your photo is amazing! Hugs, J

Anonymous said...

Very lovely!

Christina said...

This is so pretty! The scalloped squares really soften up the grid pattern, and your paper choices are lovely. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

Michelle said...

excellent choice of pattern papers! love your take on the sketch!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful Deb! I loveee the scalloped squares and loving that pompom flower!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Patrice H said...

What a beautiful card! They are right the scallop Squares are perfect.

Sarah said...

loving the pom pom!

Ros said...

A beautiful card Deb ... love all the different papers ... many thanks for playing along at CCCB .... enjoy your day

Unknown said...

Deb you made this work for several challenge, it is so pretty

Unknown said...

Your choice of papers is really spot on Deb! Another truly elegant creation! Ira x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Truly gorgeous, Deb! I picked yours out of the line up at City Crafter, not only because I recognized your name, but liked your design also. Hope all is well with you!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness.. I just love this.. You rock our challenge. So glad you played along with us at CCCB!!

Hugs, Linda

Maria said...

Gorgeous! Love all the different panels with beautiful dp! Wonderful design for a stunning card!

Stella said...

Forgive me but I am drooling :)
It's lovely to see how you are able to create something stunning in a neutral and subtle color scheme. You did an a-m-a-z-i-n-g job!
Stella
XXX

cnelson said...

Gorgeous! !! LOVE your paper choices! ! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Deb, I love your pieced and vintage look! Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Sue Lelli said...

OMGOSH! This is REALLY Beautiful! LOVE all the subtle patterns you mixed! Such a LOVELY card, Deb!

Angela Wood said...

OMGOSH! This is REALLY Beautiful! LOVE all the subtle patterns you mixed! Such a LOVELY card, Deb!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...