Wednesday 29 February 2012

My Month in Review....February Photo's

29th February the last day of the month and it only happens every 4 years, I've had a lovely month, there's been good news, I've been spoilt and had some fabulous days out.
First the good news, you remember me telling you about my brother been attacked, we've been told there was enough forensic evidence to go to court and the culprit has been charged with injury with intent, one down from attempted murder, so hopefully he will be punished for what he did to my brother.
I don't know what I've done to deserve it but this month I've received some lovely gifts, the first present was from my daughter, Paige, I'd been looking in the Swarovski shop in Benidorm at a bracelet but didn't end up buying it. When Paige went shopping a couple of weeks ago at our local mall she came back with the bracelet, she is so kind and thoughtful.


Then my lovely friend Kerry came bearing gifts, she saw these gorgeous jars and thought they would look good in my craft room.I've filled the one with my new TH Distress markers,  the glass jar is on my dressing table filled with cotton wool, I love them both.


Then my wonderful husband bought me my new Canon EOS 550D for Valentines Day.


In the half term holiday, Kerry and I went to Worcester, we had a walk around Worcester Cathedral, had lunch at Cafe Rouge then some retail therapy. I bought some gorgeous Rowan Cashsoft 4ply at the bargain price of £2.50 a ball. I've started a striped blanket which I will share with you soon.




On Saturday, I went to Birmingham to celebrate my friend,Michelle's birthday. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining so it was a great day to walk around the city. We caught the train to Snow Hill and walked through the Cathedral grounds, where our first stop was to The Old Joint Stock, a Grade II listed building and used to be an old private bank, but is now a pub and theatre.




After a drink and snack we had a walk through Victoria Square and Brindley Place, as we walked through the Symphony Hall we spotted Lee Mead and Billy Connolly, but I wasn't quick enough with the camera








Our last port of call was Bar Epernay for afternoon tea, I love this bar, with a pianist playing in the background, people talking and laughing, it has such a great vibe. We started off with a champagne cocktail then headed to the table to eat, we finished off with a bottle of champagne. What a perfect Saturday afternoon.






One last thing, since I've had a Kindle, which I love but do miss reading "real" books, I've decided once a month I will read a traditional book, preferably a classic which is another thing I've promised myself I would do this year. This month I read Rebbeca by Daphne Du Maurier, I thoroughly enjoyed it but does anybody know why the author doesn't reveal the first name of the new Mrs de Winter ? 


   I hope you all had a good month too and thanks for letting me share a snippet of my month with you all.

        xxxDebxxxx

10 comments:

Stella said...

Deb it's always fun to be here and you captured February in a wondeful way. You're a great photographer; you multi talented girl!!
Enjoy your gifts;; you deserve to be spoilt.
XX

Deborah Frings said...

What a month! Love your photos and adventures. Hope March is as much fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great month for you!! LOVING the presents and looks like you had a great weekend!! And AWESOME news about your brother!!! That is GREAT NEWS!!

Unknown said...

I just love reading your months end post.. Such a great idea.. Such awesome pictures my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

I am so happy to hear about your brother, hopefully justice will be served! Love your wonderful photos, you do capture moments tremendously well Deb! And isn't it lovely to be spoilt every now and then, especially when it's so highly valued like you do. Well deserved! Ira xox

Ros said...

Lovely photos Deb ... sounds a great month and I'm happy for you ... both that you had a brilliant month and that your brothers attackers will be brought to justice ... enjoy March!

Jackie xxx said...

Wow Debs, you have been busy. Photos looks great and you have given me two places that I must visit in Birmingham - The Old Joint Stock and Bar Epernay.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a happy and fun post, gosh, you are having a great life!!!! : )

Anonymous said...

lovely pics and great news about your brother. I too love Rebecca. I had many a sesh in the OJT back in the day ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely Photos Deb! Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed reading about all that you did last month. And a new camera! oh la la! Lucky girl! Hugs, J

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...