Wednesday 24 March 2010

Bright colours and men's cards

It was Bromsgrove Crop on Thursday night,I never get a lot done but I just love going to meet up with everyone. They are all such lovely ladies and we have such a good laugh.Rach couldn't make it this time as she's very near her due date and we all missed her but we did have a new lady join us for the first time.I hope you enjoyed yourself Alex and that we will see you again.
The morning of the crop the March Scrapagogo kit arrived,when I looked at it I panicked at how bright and loud it was not my usual style at all.I called Libby to see if hers had arrived and I told her not sure where to begin.We decided we'd both take the kit to the crop and she'd help me along a bit, Libby is a great scrapbooker and uses bright colours a lot so I knew I'd be in good hands.I was really pleased with my LO in the end but I admit I did copy some of Libby's ideas such as the giant glitter brads in the circle paper.The use of the same papers and the arrow was a coincidence though.
It was Mick's (DH) Birthday on Saturday and I'm not really into making men's cards but I couldn't really go and get a shop bought one,so here's what I did:
  I used the new Autumn Meadows paper range from the new Stampin'Up mini catalogue (available 1st April) and Sense of Time stamp set.I did lots of distressing again even though the papers are already distresed.I also used the fab twine from SU which I wrapped around the card.
This was a very simple card using a Martha Stewart punch.
 I went to Sunrise Crafts for the card class on Monday night and Banu  had some gorgeous new Penny Black stamps that I just couldn't resist.Here's what I did with the Sparklers stamp.
I used the Rose Garden paper pad and also the letters and the butterfly came from the same paper pad.The scallop border punch is from Stampin'Up and also the Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon.I used Victorian Velvet Distress ink on all the edges.The image was also stamped with Victorian Velvet and then glittered.
This time I used some K&Co papers and the sentiment stamp was also a new Penny Black stamp I bought.
The same stamp but this time I used Bundled Sage distress ink and My Minds Eye papers.I glittered the image and used SU Sage Shadow taffeta ribbon.I loved using this stamp and I'm sure I'll be using it a lot more.

Here's the card we made in class with lots of distressing and glitter:
Lastly, just one more card I've made this week using a Hobby Art stamp called Floral Delight.
 
That's it for now,I'm off to the N.E.C. tomorrow for the Hobbycraft show.I don't really need anything so I'm sure I won't buy too much!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

mmm, not buy much? Can't really believe that! Bet you come back with bags of stuff - do share when you do!
Love that bright layout - looking forward to my kit arriving and I will be looking to both of you to help me out as I know that I will also be a little stumped!
Your cards are, as ever, sickeningly gorgeous! That stamp is a real winner - so tempting.... I can imagine that will be used over and over. It's so pretty and you have used it in such wonderfully different designs. Love that twine too - might have to put in a mini order with you before I come over in May!
Thanks for the ongoing inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love your LO deb, it's fab! And isn't that what crops are about, taking ideas from each other!! you know i steal your ideas all the time! I love your cards, and I think Mick's is really great. Glad to see you put some effort in for him ;)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...