Saturday 7 May 2011

Happy National Scrapbooking Day........

I've just got back from Bromsgrove crop, what a great day and also a very productive day,I managed to finish 4 LO's which is good going for me. (I normally only finish one). It is National Scrapbooking Day today so to celebrate I put together 3 challenges for anyone one who wanted to take part,for every challenge we did we got a raffle ticket for the chance of winning a small prize. I think everyone who took part managed to finish all three.

Challenge 1 was a sketch by Page Maps:




My LO using the sketch:


I used a variety of papers from my scrap box for this LO,the butterflies are Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers dies and the alpha's are The Girls Paperie.

Challenge 2 was to scrap a photo scrapbook related or a photo of yourself and why you 'love to scrapbook'.

I scrapped a LO of my 3 best scrap buddies,Rach,Kerry and Libby.


Everything on this LO was Prima including the papers which are from the Botanical paper collection.

Challenge 3 was a scraplift of one of Liberty Chance's LO's.


Libby's LO

My scraplifted LO.

The photo is of Jodie presenting the owner of the winning greyhound that won the race we sponsored for her 21st birthday.I used Cosmo Cricket circa 1934 papers and the 'Try Your Luck' is from a pack of Glitz Whatnots. I have sprayed TA but couldn't get it to show up on the photo. Thank you Libby for letting us use your fabulous LO.
Everyone really enjoyed the challenges and we all had a very productive day that they've asked me to set them challenges every month,lol. Libby, Sarah, Helen and myself even had time to do another LO using a sketch which I will share later in the week.I also got to meet Julie Jeavons in person today. Julie has just joined the Scrapbookers Anonymous DT, which I'm part of. When I went on her blog to say hello I saw that she was from the next town to me,I told her about the local crop and she was able to join us this month,they say it's a small world !!!!!!
Don't forget to check out this month's challenge over at Scrapbookers Anonymous, it's all about using your stamps.
Hope you all had a good day, back soon.

xxxxDebxxxx



10 comments:

Juls said...

wow all your pages are just fab!! Thank you so much for the inspiration! Hugs Juls

Lynnda said...

Wowzers Deb.... Beautiful layouts... You are on a roll eh.... !!! Happy Mothers Day to you... hugs...xoxo

JulieJ said...

Amazing that you have such different styles all from one day. I love your greyhound LO. I'd better get mine blogged now (especially since I can bloglift your links)! When are you going to share the fourth????

Unknown said...

Good heavens girl, you've been at it! Love your LO's, every picture scrapped in a different way, wow! Have a lovely Sunday, Ira x

Ros said...

These are brilliant Deb! ... glad you enjoyed your crop ... and what fun to meet another DT member ... Have a great day!

julie said...

Great layouts from a great day Deb! You inspired us all to get creative and productive.
Thanks Julie x

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Deb! All of these layouts are awesome! I especially like the patchwork one of the one on top and the soft background on Libby's LO. Darling photos :)

Stella said...

Maybe I'm wrong but I think you have a new profile picture; love it! You look like a 20-something :)
My oh my you have been busy! Theae LO's all turned out different but they have one thing in common; beauty. Pure beauty to look at.....
XXX

Sue Althouse said...

Love the Page Maps sketch and your lovely layout - such cute butterflies!

Lisa said...

I hear you have now been given the title Challenge Queen - looks like you have a new job on your hands now every month. Fun!

Great challenges and great layouts - you chose a wonderful Libby layout to lift. That is one of my recent faves.

Sounds like you had such a good time at the crop - wish I could have been there.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...