Saturday 20 August 2011

Sunny Days Out..............

I've had another lovely week,I just love the summer with lots going on,spending time with my girls,family and friends. On Saturday Mick,Paige and I went to Bridgenorth for the afternoon,it's a beautiful market town by the River Severn in Shropshire. We had some lunch at the Tapas bar,my favourite way to eat and then Paige and I had a stroll around the shops while Mick found a pub to watch the football,the first match of the season,boring !!!!We looked in the vintage shop where Paige tried on a couple of 1940's swimming costumes,she looked stunning but couldn't decide whether to buy one or spend her money on some new clothes and get more for her money,she decided on the latter and got some great bargains in the sales.






Monday, we went shopping at Telford with my Mom,Sister and Nieces,I treated myself to some new clothes this tim, then on Wednesday Paige and I went to Bewdley with Libby and her three young children,another pretty little town on the River Severn. The sun was shining and the first thing we did was to go and feed the ducks on the river.






We then had a stroll to Bewdley Mueseum,which is free to look around and has displays from the second world war and the local industry. They also have stunning gardens to sit in which Libby,Paige and I did while the children climbed trees and played hide and seek.We sat under this big tree that the kids were climbing and we kept feeling things falling on our head,when we looked up a squirrel was eating his lunch and spitting out what he didn't want at us,lol.




I love the picture above where you can see the fluffy white clouds reflecting in this pretty lily pond.
By this time it was time for our lunch,so we went to the award winning fish & chip shop in town and sat by the river with our bag of chips,they were yummy.We stopped there for quite a while soaking up the sun while the children splashed around in the river,they were absolutely filthy and wet by the time we left. They had so much fun out in the fresh air running around just been kids,I really miss my girls been that age,I suppose I'll have to wait for my grandchildren now,*sigh*.
Thursday afternoon my friend Pinda asked if I could teach her how to crochet so we had a pub lunch then headed to her house for the first lesson. She picked it up really quickly so we both sat there in her conservetory crocheting,I've finished my Mollie blanket and have just need to buy some fleece for the backing,so I started a crocheted hook holder for all my crochet hooks.Some of my friends have commented that I don't show many photo's of me on my blog,so here goes,here's one that Pinda took of me while crocheting,I wish I'd done my hair though !!!!!!!


and here's Pinda doing her thing.



Enjoy the rest of the weekend and I will be back soon to show you my finished crocheted projects.

xxxxDebxxxx

12 comments:

Linda Breedlove said...

Deb, your photos are fabulous. Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful to be able to see what it's like where you are and what you're doing. Love the one of you, too!
Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Wonderful photos you took Deb, how did you do the frames if I may ask, they're superb! I can imagine your daughter's doubts, but it would have been lovely if she had actually bought the old swimming suit (which she probably wouldn't have worn anyway?) but just for fun's sake ;-) Have a great weekend, look forward to seeing more of your crochet creations! Ira x

Theresa said...

your trips sound so fabulous. love those pictures..I love the black and white and the filter used on these. very cool.

can't wait to see your finished blanket. =)
Happy Saturday!

Ros said...

Lovely post Debs ... all those places bring back memories for me ...

Lisa said...

sounds like some lovely day trips to the places of my childhood! brings back so many memories. Great selection of photos

Lea said...

Love how you post all these pictures! Sounds like you had some great mini trips!!!

Lynnda said...

Lovely photos Deb... TFS... ...sounds like you had a fun trip!!!..hugs xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your photos with us.. I enjoyed seeing them. It sounds like you had a wonderful time..

Hugs, Linda

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

AWESOME photos!! Looks like an amazing time! :):):):):):):):):):)

Stella said...

Wow this is a lovely post. I had fun looking at all the pictures and I love visiting cute little towns and villages like this. Yes they grow up way too fast; my boys already live on their own...
Don't worry about your hair. you look great!
XX

farmhouse-story said...

such fabulous pics, deb! you've been busy having a great time! and your hair looks lovely:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome pictures, that reminds me I need to play with my i-phone apps more!! Glad you had a fun time!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...