Wednesday 29 May 2013

Crochet Bobble Blanket........out of hibernation.


Do you remember the Bobble Blanket that I started back in September?  


The gorgeous Rooster yarn and the few rows of my blanket has been hibernating, it's all stored in this case. The suitcase is in my lounge, so I look at it every day and keep thinking I must make a decision on whether I should carry on with it or frog it.


After the first few rows, I could see that it was going to be a "yarn eater", so I worked out how much yarn it would take to make a decent size blanket, you can see all my working out here.


 I could have used a cheaper yarn but the Rooster Almerino DK is so lush, I love the colours and is very soft and squishy.
Anyway, I've made a decision and I'm going to carry on with it, Mick bought me a few balls for Christmas and I'm going to buy a few balls, when I can.

The pattern I'm using is from The Nearsighted Owl blog and you can find a great You Tube tutorial video here for the Bobble Stitch.


This used to be my One a Day and as luck would have it, Carole from Gingerbread Girl blog has recently restarted it up again. Hopefully, I can get one row of pattern done, each day but I'll be happy with half a row as it takes quite a while to finish a complete bobble row.

I'm a day late with my Tuesday's Tallies but on time with WIP Wednesday, check out what everyone else is working on over at Tami's blog.

Thanks for stopping by and thank you to all the advice you ladies gave me back in October, I re-read all your comments yesterday, which helped with my decision.

xxxxDebxxxx

18 comments:

Joanne said...

It is going to be such a stunning blanket! No wonder you want to carry it on the rooster wool, it is just such an amazing yarn!
I've never worked out how much the wool cost for my hexagon blanket as I fear I wouldn't let the children near it...
Can't wait to see this grow! Jo x

Unknown said...

Your blanket will be priceless Deb, it looks sooooooo nice and soft! Have fun crocheting! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

maree said...

Yay for continuing! It is such a stunning piece of work, you would have regretted to frog it.

So is the Almerino really that good? Any issues with itchiness against the skin?

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I'm constantly underestimating how much yarn is involved. But I'm a firm believer in using nice yarns. After all you spend so much time making it, why scrimp on yarn? And think of how FABULOUS it's gonna be!

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Gorgeous! I already liked it on IG but had to comment here too - I love it!

Hazels Crochet said...

I am so glad you are planning to keep going with this as it is gorgeous, even though it is a yarn eater. You know you will love it when its finished :) x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!! LOVING the colors!!

Ana BC said...

WOW! That look amazing...good that it is coming to life again ;-)

Drie Hoog said...

What good to read you're continuing this wonderful project! I think it will be worth all the effort... and love to watch your progress with it. good luck!

sweetpea family said...

Your blanket is amazing - such beautiful colours it will be something you can cherish for ever. X

Kashi said...

Beautiful. I love it.

Lynnda said...

Look so beautiful... and I love the color... Gorgeous.... hugs....x

Erin Kate said...

What perfect color combos !

Maaike said...

That is just great, love the pattern and the colour. I am sure that with a half row a day you will have a stunning result!

Lesley said...

I've only recently discovered your blog so hadn't seen your post about this last year. I'm so glad you've decided to resurrect it. It is a lot of money but if you're anything like me then you'll be getting pleasure from the actual crochet with such a lovely yarn, and its not just a means to an end, ie the finished blanket. So I'd say its worth every penny! x

Nicole said...

I was just going to say you should join in with One a Day and then I saw you had!

I missed my tuesdays tallies this week. Good to see your bobbles out of hibernation, it's a lovely effect :)

Juls said...

what you have done looks fab! Looking forward to seeing the completed project! Hugs Juls

Stefanie said...

I'm glad this hasn't gone to the frogging pond. It's had uh a lovely start.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...