Wednesday 5 March 2014

Yarn Along......two WIP's on the needles.

Good morning, I'm back today with this week's WIP's, I have got three WIP's on the go but have only worked on two this week.

The main one I've been knitting on is my Aureus cardigan using Rowan Felted Tweed DK, after soaking and blocking, this yarn really plumps and softens up, I really like it and will definitely buy it again.

I've finished the back, left and front side, blocked and joined them together. I'm now working on the sleeves. I really want this finished by the end of the month, as I've joined in with The Sock Bunny Sweater-A-Long, which ends on the 31st March.

I've decided to knit both sleeves at the same time, this is the first time I've attempted it and wasn't sure how it would work out. I'm using circular needles with a long cables and two balls of yarn, so far, so good, no mistakes and no tangles. It's probably no quicker by doing this but I don't know about you but once the first sleeve is finished, I just want the second one finished as I know I'm close to completing the garment.

The other WIP are my First Time for Everything, stripy socks using Twisted Limone, self striping yarn in Find the River.

I'm attempting an Afterthought Heel for the first time and have just knit the waste yarn, where the heel will go, I'm going to be very nervous when I come to undo it and put them back on my needles!!!!!

This week, I'm reading Unraveled by Maggie Sefton, a murder mystery set around a yarn shop, I think I might be a bit obsessed with all things yarny!!!!!! I'm linking up wth Ginny's Yarn Along and Tami's WIP Wednesday.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a Rowan Fairisle workshop, this is something I've wanted to learn properly for a while now. I had booked onto a different Fairisle workshop, last year but it was cancelled so when I saw Rowan was doing one, locally to me, I booked myself on it. I'll let you know how I get on, I will hopefully be knitting a Fairisle jumper before long.

Thank you for stopping by, have a good day.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

24 comments:

Kristen said...

Love the colors of your sock. Good luck on your heel!

Anonymous said...

Great projects, I think the cardigan looks very beautiful! And I like stripes very much, the colours are lovely together.

Jo said...

The pattern on the cardigan is so pretty. I look forward to hearing about the fair isle class - that sounds very expert. Jo x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! LOVING that purple!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You will love Fairisle, I am surprised you haven't already tackled it. It really is that easy. Just use good tension and you'll be set. Love the projects, I am sure you will survive the heel!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

I am sitting here just in awe of your Rowan Tweed yarn, love the color. I used this yarn to knit a poncho, it's a favorite.
And your sock looks so fun.
Happy knitting.

Donna said...

Your cardigan is gorgeous! I thought about knitting both of the sleeves at the same time on my current sweater but it didn't seem practical since I'm knitting them in the round. All I could envision was knots and tangles. I still love that sock yarn!!!

Erin said...

Oh I love the colorway of those socks!!! They are perfect spring colors. Good luck with the afterthought heel- that is on my list of things to try next, and I am nervous too. I'm sure it will go wonderfully for you!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks wonderful!
If you're really worried about the stitches running away in your afterthought heel you can pick the waste yarn out a stitch at a time and place the stitches on the needle as you do. I do it that way when the yarn is slippery.

Sylvia said...

The sweater is so lovely! Beautiful yarn!

Evelyn said...

Both projects are just gorgeous!!

Corrie B said...

Those colours are beautiful, and the jumper is to die for!

I'm going to go and look up that book...

Cloudberry said...

Love, love, love the Aureus cardigan!! CAn't wait to see it done.
And it's going to be a pretty pair of stripy socks :)

Unknown said...

Your knitting pins sure contain the finest of creations again Deb, your cardigan is starting to look so so pretty and I love your fun socks! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Amy at love made my home said...

I really like the colour of your cardigan, and although I have never knitted a sleeve, I can understand what you mean about wanting something to be "done". Hope that you enjoy the workshop and that you learn lots of lovely new things to show us! xx p.s. great socks - as always! xx

Clare said...

Beautiful yarn moment love the colour of the cardi, enjoy the workshop
Clare x

Unknown said...

beautiful projects. I love the cardigan, it's going to be amazing when it's finished. The socks are looking really fun :)

Caffeine Girl said...

That cardigan is to die for! It is going to be an amazing sweater.

Have fun at the workshop!

Stefanie said...

Do be very vocal about what you think about this heel style compared to a cuff down one and a top up one. That sock yarn is fantastic. You are amazing with that cardigan project.

Ginx Craft said...

Your purple jumper is so pretty, and I love the self-striping yarn on your other project.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cardigan!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cardigan!

Loca4crafts said...

I love your yarn and color choices! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cardigan, Deb- my favourite colour is purple so of course I love your yarn choice!
The colour of the socks is so happy- perfect for winter.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...