Monday 17 May 2010

Lots of Stampin'Up !

Last week was a busy week making samples for the two SU workshops I have this week. The first one was on Saturday where I went to The Cutting Crew Crop.They asked if I would put a 12x12 LO kit together. I gave you a sneek peek last week and now I can show you the full LO.


I used the Kaleidoscope double-sided papers which are so pretty and summery.I think my favourite things on LO's and cards at the moment are bunting so I had to have some on the page somewhere.The large flower was made using the scallop circle punch.Here's a diagram to show you how you make the petals. You will need 4 scallop circles.


Punch out a circle from some cardstock and adhere the 4 petals to the circle and add a brad or button to the centre.
The other punched flowers I layered up,used a brad through the centre and then curled the individual petals to give dimension,for the leaves I used the branches from the bird punch.
There is some hidden jounaling under the photo mat.I stamped a journaling card from the Frames with a Flourish stamp set and then stamped a tab from Totally Tabs  and used Round Tab punch. You just line the punch up with your stamped tab,fold it in half and you get a perfect tab everytime,much quicker and easier than trying to cut around it.I  used foam pads to adhere the photo mat leaving a pocket to slide your journaling in and out.

Supply List:

Kaleidoscope Designer Series
Scallop Circle Punch
Boho Blossoms Punch
5-petal punch
Crystal brads
Linen Thread
Totally Tabs
Frames with a Flourish
Round Tab Punch
Scallop Edge Punch
Extra Large Two-Step Bird
On Board Load of Letters
Sanded Background stamp (I stamped the blank chipboard letters)



Stampin'Up have added three new colours to their range ,along with coordinating card stock,ribbon and papers.I couldn't wait to start using them especially the gorgeous polka dot ribbon.


This card is using the Rich Razzleberry with the Cottage Wall DSP and the Baroque Motif stamps.The small flowers were punched using the Boho Blossom punch and pearls from Pretties Kit.


Another card using Rich Razzleberry,I don't usually use purples in my projects but really love this vibrant colour.This time I stamped the Medallion background stamp with versamark inkpad and embossed it using white embossing powder.The flower was made using 5 punched scalloped circles with a brad through the centre,starting with the top one really scrunch it up tight then do the same with the other three leaving the bottom one flat.You then start opening them back out and you get a very pretty flower shape.


This is Melon Mambo,I just love pink so this is my favourite.Once again I embossed the Medallion stamp and matted it onto some kraft card which I'd stamped with En Francais background stamp.I used the Eyelet Border to get the pretty border strip to tie the ribbon around.


This is the last new colour Soft Suede.I used this with some new papers from the mini catalogue called Autumn Meadows and the Two-Step Bird punch.I think this would make a great man's card which I sometimes really struggle with.
The card below is using Flight of the Butterfly stamps and the coordinating butterfly punch which is so much easier to punch the butterfly out instead of having to cut around it.The papers are from the Sweet Pea paper pad.


I've recently purchased the Night & Day Specialty Designer Series Paper pack.The pack includes some 12x12  dotty acetate sheets and beautiful black & white double-sided papers.I think black & white is so elegant for any occasion. I've used it for a wedding theme LO and also a wedding card.


I used the Vintage Vogue stamps on this card and the Mr & Mrs was from Basic Phrases.


The flowers and pearls are from the Pretties Kit,you get so much in there and the flourish stamp is from Baroque Motifs.I painted the chipboard letters with the Frost White Shimmer paint and then stamped them with the En Francais background stamp.I punched out the butterfly using the dotty acetate.
If anybody is interested in any of the Stampin'Up products or the Idea Book & Catalogue for £3.00 including p&p please email me.

Thanks for stopping by !!!
xxxxDebxxxx

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm in awe! Such a lot of gorgeous stuff here - much inspiration for me as far as cards go and I can see me placing another order (or ten) in the near future! Lovely!

Claire Crompton said...

Oh Deb love your layouts and those cards are awesome.

Cx

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...