Saturday 8 May 2010

5.6 Sketchy Challenge

Well it's the middle of the night and I just can't get to sleep.I've tried reading and counting sheep to no avail so I decided to get up and write this post.I've hardly done any crafting this week and I will tell you why on my next post.Hopefully I can get some done over the weekend.
As you all know by now I love to do sketches and Sketchy Thursdays is my favourite sketch blog to follow.This weeks sketch is my favourite so far until next Thursday and there'll be another great sketch.Here's this weeks sketch:

and here's my LO:
All supplies are from Stampin'Up.I stitched around the kraft card and inked the edges in Close to Cocoa.The double-sided papers are from the new Sweet Pea designer stack. I distressed all the edges and inked them,next I stitched through the middle of the Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and then pulled to get the ruffle effect.The flowers were plain white but to get the brown ones I used Close to Cocoa ink pad to colour them and then painted them with the new shimmer paint in Champagne Mist.I also painted the chipboard letters,it is fantastic to use, the shimmer you get from it is so pretty and a little goes a long way.
I'll try and see if I can drop off now.
Night Night!

4 comments:

lisa said...

Hope you managed to get some sleep : )
Love how you've used the sketch, love the stitchin'.
Thanks for playing along xx

Lisa said...

so pretty - can't wait to get my hands on my Close to Cocoa ink pad - it looks perfect!

Diana Fisher said...

Love the ribbon like that!!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!! Love that photo, the ribbon...and the use of the heart! :):):):) Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with SKETCHY THURSDAYS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...