Friday 7 October 2011

Happy Birthday, Kerry.....

My friend, Kerry, turned 40 on Wednesday (not sure she'll be to thrilled I've broadcast this to everyone,he,he), even though we live in the same village and our husband's knew each other,our paths had never crossed until just over two years ago. I got chatting to Kerry in a local craft shop and we hit it off straight away, we have so much in common and it's so nice to have someone live so close and have so many of the same interests.
Last time I saw Kerry's Mom she asked if I'd make her a card for Kerry's special birthday, of course I said yes. Kerry calls her Mom her 'Artistic Director' so I wanted it to be perfect, we decided on the colours hot pink and black as that is Kerry's colour theme for her 'Hat Party' tonight.Here's my finished card.


Val was thrilled with the card as was Kerry, *phew*, I always worry when I'm making for someone else that they are going to like it.
I'm off to decide what hat I'm going to wear for tonight, it's going to be a fun night and I will share some photo's with you next week. Have a great weekend, what ever you're up to.

xxxxDebxxxx

21 comments:

Kashi said...

I love your cards. They are always so pretty.

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love the colours and the polka dots!! Hugs juls

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy birthday to your friend and loveeeeeeeeeee the card!! LOVING the colors, the butterflies and loveeeeeeeee the tulle with the jewel on it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Ros said...

I can see why they were thrilled ... this is adorable Debs ... But I know what you mean when someone asks you to make for them ... always stressful! I hope you have a great time and enjoy your weekend ...xxx

Unknown said...

How could she not love this.. I know I do!! Gorgeous my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Julie J said...

That's a beautiful card Deb. don't know what you were worried about.

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, you are very talented

Stefanie said...

Excellent job! What kind of glue do you use for making cards?

Theresa said...

beautiful card. love the colors.
=)
Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your friend's birthday, her mom must have been thrilled to be able to give this beauty to her daughter! Have a great weekend, Ira x

Lisa said...

black and hot pink always work so well together and this is a perfect example. gorgeous as always.

Linda Breedlove said...

Wow... beautiful, Deb. LOVE those colors... just what a girl needs when she reaches 40. Have a great evening!
Please stop by my blog when you can... I have an award for you.
Hugs!

Pauline said...

A super stunning card for your friend, love the pink butterflies and the lovely label. Where did you get the tulle, it's gorgeous?!

Anne said...

Thank you very much for your nice comments on my blog and happy belated birthday to your friend !!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Deb! I'm sure your friend will love it! Love the WM label and pretty embossed butterflies! I hope you had fun at your event!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beautiful card for Kerry!!!! She will love it!

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous card Deb... hugs..xoxo

Lea said...

Love the card! The colors are great, as are those butterflies!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Well since pink and black are MY FAV colors, you know I am going to LOVE this card! Just PERFECT! LOVE the papers and the butterflies and the word Daughter in black letters! LOVE the tulle and bling the best! So PRETTY!

Jennipher said...

It's gorgeous! I just turned 40 recently and I would have loved this card. Gorgeous color scheme. Beautiful butterflies.

Johanna said...

Well, I would be thrilled to receive this card! That's for sure :)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...