Monday 14 April 2014

A Day in Stratford Upon Avon.

 

Hello my friends, I hope you've had a great weekend, today I have spent a fab day with my friend Pinda at Stratford Upon Avon. She had never been here before so I was tour guide for the day showing her all the sights.

Our first stop was to Sew Me Something to see my lovely friend Gilly, it was so nice to see her again and of course I had to make a little purchase of some gorgeous MillaMia yarn and the latest Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino pattern book.

We walked through the old town, past Shakespeare's Birthplace, browsing the many shops.

I always like to have a look around The Nutcracker Christmas shop, who doesn't like Christmas all year round?

We went to a great little cafe called Fourtea's, a traditional 40's style tearoom, with lots of little vintage touches, like an old radiogram playing 40's music in the background and waitresses dressed in 40's uniform.

Look at the menu!!!!!! It's the style of an old ration book, the sandwiches were so nice and their homemade pickle was gorgeous.

Don't you love the old fashion counter? I bought a replica Make Do and Mend booklet issued by The Ministry of Information in 1943, there are some very interesting tips in there!

We then spent an hour relaxing by the river, watching the world go by, I even managed to get a bit of knitting done.

We then took a short walk to Bancroft Cruisers, where we took a 45 minute cruise down the river and enjoyed an afternoon tea.

I look rather pleased with myself on this photo but I was looking forward to tucking into those scones and cream!!!!

The scenery wasn't too bad either, I highly recommend this river cruise company, I've been on a couple of different ones but this one has been the best, by far.

It has been a wonderful day, the weather was kind to us, it's what we both needed and look forward to visiting again. Have a good week and I'll be back soon.

xxxxDebxxx

 

12 comments:

Paperesse said...

Lovely photos, Deb! Thank you for sharing. It looks like you've been having the same gorgeous weather we've been having on this side of the channel. Oh...and those scones!!! Yummy, yummy!

Amy at love made my home said...

I love the 1940's tea room, that looks like so much fun!!! What a great place to visit. You look very pretty in your photo - and the scones look scrummy too!! xx

Joy said...

What a happy day to enjoy with your friend, Deb, and how fantastic that you could also see Gilly - such a sweet girl! You look so pretty sitting there about to pounce on the scones and cream - how lovely it must be to take one of those river cruises - I'd love to do that! Thanks so much for sharing your day and your lovely pics! Love, Joy xo

elns said...

What a great day! I loved the photo tour. I felt like I got to take the tour too! I love the vintage style teashop and the river cruise. I wish I could've had those scones with you :)

Unknown said...

Now that looks like an awesome place to visit. I totally Love your photos Deb..

Hugs~

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like a great time! I love all the photos!!!

Una said...

I love Stratford-upon-Avon. After my last visit, I decided I might like to move there one day. It looks like you were lucky with the weather. We had some lovely sunny days, but when it rained it certainly wasn't stingy with it!!

thesnailgarden said...

Such a lovely place - thank you for the tour. Best wishes, Pj x

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely photos ... I do love that place ... and those scones really looked delicious!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful shots Deb, sounds like the perfect outing to me! Glad you and your friends had such a great time together! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

gilly said...

It was so lovely to see you, and meet Pinda too - thanks for popping in for a visit & a natter. You picked such a perfect day, and that afternoon tea looks delicious! Glad you loved The Four Teas too. See you again soon hopefully,
hugs xx

Stefanie said...

You always look terrific. And you are always out and about to lovely places.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...