Wednesday 2 April 2014

Yarn along.......Twinkle Twinkle Blanket

 

Hello, did you all have a nice weekend? My daughter was back home for Mother's Day with her little bump getting bigger. She knew I'd bought some beautiful Rooster yarn, a 50/50 mix of baby alpaca and merino, and said she couldn't wait for me to start the blanket, I was going to knit for baby.

This yarn is the softest, cosy branded yarn, I've ever used and is one of my favourite yarns to use. It's not widely available but I get mine from The Homemakery, I highly recommend this online store for all your crafting needs, from yarn to fabric, ribbon to twine and papercrafting. She provides a great customer service with quick delivery and beautifully presented.

The pattern I choose for baby's first blanket is called Twinkle Twinkle by Helen Stewart, it can be knit in two weights of yarn, 4ply or DK, which is what I chose. It's such a pretty pattern, with the little star shaped stitches. It's a square blanket but knit on circulars, I love how it's knitting up, it's so delicate, perfect for a newborn.

The other main project, I've been working on is my Hana Hou by Mel Ski Knits, I've finished knitting the fronts and back. I'm now on the sleeves which I'm knitting two at time, again. It's knitting up quick as the main body is just stocking stitch, then you pick up stitches and add the Copy Cat stitch.

I'm still reading V is for Vengence but I'm also reading this new to me magazine called Flow for paper lovers. It's a very quirky style magazine, full of very interesting articles plus some free stickers and papers, it's definitely not one of your regular papercrafting magazines. I'm linking to Ginny's Yarn Along and Tammy's WIP Wednesday.

I haven't managed to do much on my Miss Winkle this week as I've been doing a test knit for a pattern that was due for release this week. I will show you the finished test knit on Friday and there'll also be a giveaway to celebrate the release of the new pattern by Helen Stewart? Check out Crafts from the Cwtch blog on Thursday, to check everyone else's progress, this week.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

18 comments:

Crochet Addict UK said...

Wow your projects are amazing. I bet the blanket is going to beautiful. It will be one that will be kept and passed on :-).
My brother still has his from when he was a baby and my mum made a matching one for my son. He is now 7 and still loves his.
Sue
(Crochet Addict UK)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are looking FABULOUS!!!!!

Heather said...

They both look awesome! That little blanket is going to be adorable! I think I might have to make one myself.

karen said...

love the baby blanket pattern you chose, very pretty and looks like a fun knit. You do knit the loveliest of patterns :)

Stefanie said...

How exciting! A bun in the oven. Thou will be a fabulous Nana. This will be a wonderful blanket.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pattern! I love blankets knit in the round, I'll do almost anything not to purl, lol

Ros Crawford said...

That's going to be one of the best dressed babies!! Lovely work

Candace said...

The Miss Winkle is looking gorgeous and can't wait to see the finished blanket too. One lucky little baby!

Take care Candace
(Changed blogs and won't let me comment with link to new blog usthreebythesea.co.uk)

Donna said...

That yarn is going to make a beautiful blanket! It looks so soft. I like the pattern you chose too.

Unknown said...

Aw what a lovely blanket that's going to be, such a cute pattern. I admire anyone who has the patience to knit a blanket, not something I've ever attempted!

Your Miss Winkle is looking gorgeous

Amy at love made my home said...

The new baby blanket looks beautiful! I am sure that it will be treasured for many years to come. xx

CathieJ said...

All of your knits are beautiful. The baby blanket is gorgeous.

Sarah said...

Oh your knits are so lovely and exactly the inspiration I need to keep dreaming about my next projects. Beautiful and thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Knew it was a Mel pattern just from the name! Love it and the color is perfect!

Joanne said...

That blanket is going to be STUNNING!!! I love the idea of it being knitted from the centre!

Unknown said...

Your knitting projects are amazing Deb! And how totally sweet your baby blanket looks! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Unknown said...

So many wonderful project going on here my friend. Your baby blanket looks going to be awesome.

Hugs~

* said...

Gosh, you're busy! Love the baby blanket, what a pretty pattern....and sewing the sleeves two at a time is a brilliant idea, never thought of that, youv obviously done it before, genius!

Most of all I love the colour of your miss winkle, so springy. Its a lovely pattern, although I'm not sure what I'll do with mine once its done....cross that bridge when I come to it!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...