Friday 27 June 2014

FO Friday.....Pavilion Spoiler Photos!!!

Happy Friday, my friends, I hope you've all had a good week. It has been a beautiful week in the UK with plenty of sunshine but today it is raining. The gardens could do with a drop of rain though and I'm finding it quite therapeutic, listening to the rain pitter- pattering onto the conservatory roof. Hopefully, it will clear up later and we'll have some more sunshine over the weekend.

Now back to the knitting, after been very British and talking about the weather. I've finished the Small Cable Cardigan by Vibe Ulrick Sondergaard. I absolutely love this pattern, I think it's probably my most favourite baby knit that I've done.

It's from the book Lullaby Knits and is full of beautiful baby knits from birth up to two years, I bought my copy from The Book People and is only £4.99 instead of the recommended £16.99. I don't think there is one pattern I don't like so to me this book is super value. What I will say though, a few of the patterns are modeled on girls or knit in pink as this pattern was but I actually think most of them are unisex. When I asked my daughter to chose some patterns from the book, I told her to look past the model and the colour of the yarn and imagine it in a more masculine colour.

I love the cable stitch, it's really unusual, I've knit a few cable patterns but none like this, I think the stitch definition is gorgeous. I knit the 0-3 months and used two balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in Mink 064, this yarn washes great and stays looking nice, great for baby knits.

My next FO of the week are the Pavilion socks, a mystery knit along pattern by Rachel Coopey, the last clue was released last week. This pattern was designed and is part of the Unwind Brighton Festival, there have been a few patterns released for the occasion. There is one more pattern that I would like to knit as part of the festival and is the Aileron by Dieuwke van Mulligen. I plan on buying the yarn from the Marketplace, my problem will be what to chose with so many gorgeous yarns in one place!!!!

I used Artist Palette Yarns Smoothie Sock in Banana Milkshake, a very nice yarn which I think showed the stitch definition, very well. The true colour is showing up on the first photo, the colour is very washed out on this photo. They fit perfectly, I have found that cuff down socks seem to fit me better that toe up, it must be the heel flap that makes the difference. Also doing cuff down after finishing the heel, the foot seems to knit up very quickly and I have them finished before I know it.

That's it for this week, thank you for stopping by and have a great weekend.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

 

 

 

 

 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Two stunning projects!

Andria said...

A feast for the eyes. Love love love the sweater and the socks are great too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are both beautiful! LOVING that sweater!!!!

Lynnda said...

Both are beautiful!! But I'm in love with your baby cardigan !! Hugs x

Eight by Six said...

the cables are really lovely and an unusual design that works well in the mink colour. Socks are pretty too. Amanda x

Amy at love made my home said...

Socks and cardigan are beautiful! I really like how the cardi does up to the side. xx

Joy said...

I absolutely love that little cardigan too Deb, and your yarn choice looks perfect - and those socks, WOW, you are so clever and must have great concentration levels to follow patterns such as this. I am very impressed once again with your gorgeous work! Wishing you sunshine for the weekend, xoJoy

Stefanie said...

These are extraordinary finishes! They have beautiful texture.

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous work!! I'd love a cardigan like that!

Unknown said...

Beautiful makes! Your knitting is so detailed-love the socks! They look so comfortable. Happy weekend, Alison xx

Jo said...

That is a darling pullover design, and those socks... simply gorgeous. Jo x

Unknown said...

I can't believe the things you keep knitting Deb, your cardigan and socks are fabulous! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

karisma said...

The baby sweater is gorgeous. I was admiring it on Ravelry the other day. I will have to check out that book too. Love Love Love the socks. Nice pattern.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...