Tuesday 4 June 2013

Let's Get Trendy Now! 3-Day 2.........Sequins.


Good morning, another beautiful sunny day here in the U.K. and I'm off for afternoon tea later for my friend's birthday, it's a perfect day for it.

It's Day 2 of Let's Get Trendy Now! 3 and today they are focusing on sequins, I knew from yesterday's post it was going to be sequins. I think I must of been dreaming about sequins last night and what I could do with them. When I woke up this morning, I knew exactly what I was going to make, does anybody else dream about crafting or is it just me????



I'd recently bought some sequins from Poundland, as I'd been seeing quite a few people using them on their projects.. They were large bags, crammed full of all sizes, shapes and different shades of one colour. I bought the pink and blue but I might get the other colours next time I go.


It's my niece's birthday tomorrow, she will be 10, so the first one I made was with the pink sequins, this is another quick and easy card to make. I can spend hours on one card but today's two cards took me less than an hour as did my card, yesterday.

I die-cut two pieces of vellum using the Spellbinders Scalloped Square and stitched three sides together, I filled the little vellum bags with sequins and stitched the last edge. I glued the shaker bag onto some white card, it seemed to get lost on the patterned paper. I used Helmar 450 glue as it dries perfectly clear so you can't see it through the vellum.



I stitched around the patterned paper and adhered to the front of my card, then centred my bag of sequins, finally a punched out glitter butterfly and a sentiment. I love this stamp set from Inspired by Stamping, as it as lots of different words so you can make up your own sentiments.


Supplies
Stamps- Inspired by Stamping Little Phrases.
Paper- Prima, Vellum, Glitter Card.
Pretties- Sequins, Spellbinder Nestabilities, SU Rhinestones.

One last thing to share with you, my sister had her baby boy on Saturday. He was 12 days late but once he decided it was time to get out, he'd arrived within one and half hours, weighing 9lb 8oz.


He was just a few hours old here, they have named him Adam.


I was away when he was born so this was my first cuddle, he is 36 hours old in this photo, he's a right little bruiser and so adorable. He was been passed around like a parcel but it really didn't seem to bother him, he just kept opening one eye to see who'd got him, then fell asleep again, bless. Needless to say, I'm a very proud Aunty!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to look, back soon.
xxxxDebxxxx


22 comments:

Juls said...

Yep .... I have those bags from poundland too!! So thank you for the inspiration, your cards are gorgeous!!

And little Adam is just too cute!! Congrats on becoming an Auntie!

Hugs Juls

Ros Crawford said...

What a great idea for the challenge ... well done to you! They looks really lovely!
And what a beautiful baby! My he was big! But he is so gorgeous ... wish I could cuddle him too!

Kelly said...

congrats on your nephew! Love the pockets/pouches you made for the sequins. those will really have a celebratory feel to them!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a lovely post! I love the sequins you bought from Poundland, they really are pretty. And what you've done with them is even nicer! Those little glassine 'pouches' are so festive!

Your new nephew is a bruiser, all right! He's so cute. Congratulations!

Also, thank you for the link to the Cath Kidston scrapbook. I am hoping she makes scrapbook paper sometime. That's what I would buy up right away, and probably hoard for a loooong time!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwww that's my big babies name!!! They have chosen well!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Congrats on the newest addition to your family!! And girllllllllll you have been rocking our challenges!!! LOVING how you added the sequins to the glassine bags!!! GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks for joining us!!!!

June Houck said...

So super cute, Deb!

Evelyn said...

Love how you used sequins in your designs ~ lovely!

Unknown said...

Hi Auntie Deb! Congratulations, such a happy family occasion. Love your confetti cards, they're very festive! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sue Lelli said...

Adam is just the most BEAUTIFUL baby boy! LOVE your sequin cards and agree they show up way better with a white background as opposed to a pattern. LOVE the scalloped vellum! Yes, I dream about crafting, too!

Stefanie said...

Congrats! He is precious and oh boy, 9 lbs?!
What a clever way to use these sequins and confetti.

L.B. said...

what a great idea for the pouches full of sequins. So fun

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hi Deb! Congrats on being an Aunt -- cute bundle of joy~

Love those blue/green sequins~ so pretty together with your cards!

JulieJ said...

Those cards are very pretty. I may need to check out Poundland at the weekend.

~amy~ said...

love your sequin filled cards....soooo pretty!!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now 3!

P.S. adorable nephew too!

Katy said...

Congrats on your sweet nephew! And I love your cards! :)

thesnailgarden said...

Pretty cards! Congratulations on the arrival of your little nephew.
Best wishes, Pj x

yyam said...

You scored some really cool bags of sequins....I want them too...and used them to perfection on your cards. Just love the idea of those vellum stitched bags filled with sequins. :)

Congrats on being an aunt again!

Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow!!! These are fantastic! I absolutely love your cards - those vellum bags are the cutest and the sequins are so cool! I want sequins like that!!! Awesome work!!!!!!!

jeanie g said...

I love the finish you get on your cards and this one really showcases the gorgeous sequins.

Bhawana said...

never imagine sequins can look so great in card this way... both the cards are amazing. loved ur creativity

~amy~ said...

You'll want to pop over to the Let's Get Trendy Now! 3 blog!

http://letsgettrendynow3.blogspot.com/2013/07/lets-get-trendy-now-challenge-winners.html

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

the beautiful card, wonderful baby !!! congratulations

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...