Sunday 18 December 2011

A Christmas Treat Card.........

I hope you're all having a good weekend, hopefully today we are going to Blist Hill Museum for a traditional Victorian Christmas, with all my family, weather permiting, then it's Athletico FC Christmas party with karaoke, so that will be fun, btw I can't sing !!!!
My sister always asks me to make  Christmas cards for her three girls, so this year I decided to do some with a sweet treat.


I used the star pattern hotair balloon from Inspired by Stamping 'The Sky's the Limit stamp set to carry some Skittles their way. I stamped the balloon onto a patterned label shape, punched out a 1 3/4" circle and added a SU Treat Cup. I then stamped the balloon again onto some patterned paper, cutting out just the balloon and using foam pads to attach. I thought it was quite a fun card for kids, I just hope they don't take the card apart to eat the sweets before Christmas.

Supplies

Paper- My Minds Eye
Stamps- Inpired by Stamping
Other- Spellbinder Label, SU Circle Punch, SU Treat Cups

Have a good day !!!!
xxxxDebxxxx

14 comments:

Kashi said...

You are so clever. What a neat idea and it looks so pretty too. Hope your day turns out lovely.

Sandra said...

What a cool idea. Love it! The girls will love it too!

jacirascrap said...

Mais um lindo cartão com o balão!!!

Unknown said...

Deb this is just to cute

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is just tooooooooooooooooooo fun!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee it!! WOW!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

I admire you Deb, you actually managed to place the Skittles behind your plastic cup ;-) (or did you have a bite or two, I know I would!). Supercute card! And delish, too! Ira x

farmhouse-story said...

cute, deb! have a great day out!

Lynnda said...

Brilliant Deb... I love it... you too genius my friend... hugs..xoxo

Lisa said...

your cards are going to go down a treat too! what a lovely design

Unknown said...

How cute is that.. They are going to love that yummy treat...

Hugs, Linda

Joanne said...

What a great card, who wouldn't want sweet as part of their Christmas card. I know I would!!

Ros said...

Oh so very sweet in every way!! They will love these cards ... Hope you enjoyed your day

Jen Adcock said...

How cool is that! Love the lolly centred card. So innovative. I am still trying to figure out how you did that, despite your how to's. Hehee. Genius!

Juls said...

this is fab! Love how you have used sweets!! yummmmm!!!! Hugs Juls

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...