Thursday 8 December 2011

Inspired by Stamping Blog Hop...........Day 1


Hi there, I hope everyone is having a good week, it is very cold here in the U.K., no snow yet though in the Midlands but I know they've had some further north . Well, I'm very excited as this is the first official Inspired by Stamping  DT blog hop and over the next two days, we will be showing you sneak peeks of the gorgeous, versatile balloon stamp set. Saturday will be Reveal Day so I hope you'll join in the fun over the next three days.


As I said before this set is so versatile with 15 stamps including sentiments, a variety of hotair balloons and a gorgeous little cloud. I've created a very feminine card today but for those who struggle, like me, to make men's cards this set is perfect, come back on Saturday for my masculine card.


They balloons are fabulous for paper piecing but I thought I would try stamping on some pretty fabric, it worked, they stamp perfectly onto the fabric using Versafine Archival ink. I adhered the fabric to some cardstock, cut around the balloon leaving an edge so I could fray it a bit. The papers are Prima Sweet Fairy and I used my favourite die by Cherry Lyn to cut out the doily.
Hop on over to the other DT blogs and Joanna will be giving a balloon stamp set away.

Deb Hickman (me)


Supply List

Stamps- The Sky's the Limit by Inspired by Stamping
Papers- Prima Sweet Fairy
Other- Cheery Lyn French Pastry Die, SU seam binding, button

Come back tomorrow for more sneak peeks.
 
Happy Crafting
xxxxDebxxxx

18 comments:

Irit Shalom said...

Love this! Absolutely love the doily die you used here (after a year on CLD dt, I am thier biggest fun too). The stamps look fantastic over a doily!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the doily and those balloons!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynnda said...

Beautiful card Deb!!! I love those balloons... Awesome... hugs..xoxo

~ Kendra ~ said...

So pretty!! What a fun idea to use them to stamp on fabric! The doily is a great addition! Great colors used as well!!

Kim said...

Very soft and pretty. Lone your use of designer prints

Anita said...

Beautiful card and such pretty papers!
Anita

Ros said...

Love how you used fabric for the balloons ... lovely card Deb

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet card with a romantic feel. Love the doiley background!
hugs,
Gini

Lesley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

So pretty. Love those colors!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so pretty, love the colors you used.

Kassi said...

I love the look of the fabric! great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Card Deb! I just LOVE how you stamped on the fabric! It is amazing!! Hugs, J

Jennie Garcia said...

You stamped on fabric, you are my hero!! I love your card!! Is awesome, really gorgeous!! You had me at Fabric and Doily!! TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love..love..love the stitching. Beautiful card.

Amber said...

Beautiful! What a great idea to stamp on fabric! Definitely have to try it.
Hugs
Amber

Susie Moore said...

Oh so pretty!!

Lisa said...

i miss making square cards - I'm far too stingy to pay the extra postage! ;-)

gorgeous card

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...