Sunday 11 December 2011

Home for the Holidays.........


This week over at City Crafter Challenge Blog the theme is 'Home for the Holidays' where you are required to create an holiday home decor project or a project that includes a home. Lately, I've seen lots of creations on wooden cotton reels so wanted to create something similar.I've had three little wooden houses and cotton reels for months and have never got around to using them so when I saw this week's challenge, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.


The base started out as a mint tin which I covered in gesso, I love that I can open the lid and keep special little trinkets inside. When dry I covered the top with red dotty paper, edging the tin with TH Tissue Tape and lace, then covered with chunky glitter.
I decorated the houses with vintage images, adding a MF frame, a rusty bell, buttons and a mini tag. I stamped the 'Christmas'  from SU Pines & Poinsettieas, cut around the banner, attaching to the front of the tin.The cotton reel is covered using vintage music sheets, then I added a tulle bow.
Are you doing anything festive today ? Whatever you're up to, have a great Sunday !!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to look and to everybody who leaves me such lovely comments, I really appreciate it
xxxxDebxxxx

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

how pretty :-)
I haven't felt very festive this year...should get on to it...

Ros said...

Oh this is so lovely Deb ... What a great piece of home decor ... thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB ... have a wonderful day

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

This is such a wonderfully imaginative idea. THanks for sharing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! This is AMAZING Deb!!!! I loveeeeeeeee the vintage images, the bell, the colors...just wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so adorable, love the fact that it is tiny and all decorated with beautiful vintage element. thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Lisa said...

This is totally adorable. You are just so creative! I love it.

Unknown said...

WOWZER my friend. I just love these little homes. You decorated them up so pretty.. So glad you played along with us at CCCB!

Hugs, Linda

farmhouse-story said...

oh, my, very, very sweet project, deb!

Unknown said...

this is so pretty.
do you sell them?

Anonymous said...

Wow! So absolutely beautiful!!! Great Job!!!

Katy said...

Thank you for stopping by! And I LOVE this project. This is so awesome!! Very pretty!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the beautiful Vintage images!

Lynnda said...

What a beautiful project Deb... hugs..xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh wow, great vintage feel, fabulous Christmas ornament Deb! Extremely beautiful!! Ira x

Eagle Craftz said...

Looks amazing! Very fancy!

Lizzy Hill said...

This is just divine ~ I love the lid opening idea too, makes it pretty AND handy:):)

cnelson said...

Ohhhhhh sooooo LOVELY! Thanks for joining us this week at CCCB!!

Stella said...

I already tucked this handmade gem into my favorites folder :) Breathtaking and filled to the brim with beauty. It really shows of your talent and I think it's one of your best creations ever. (I am still in LOVE with my birthdaycard with that little girl/fairy with wings; sigh..)
You have outdone yourself and it shows off.. Love it!
Stella
XXX

Stella said...

Woohoo! Congrats on being a winner!!!!
XXX

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Deb, such a wonderful creation! Congrats on your win, so well deserved!

Juls said...

this is just the most utterly gorgeous creation! Hugs Juls

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...