Thursday 15 December 2011

E is for Echo Park.........


It's time for December's A-Z Challenge over at Scrapbookers Anonymous and this month is the letter E, for this monthly challenge, I always use the letter of a paper manufacturer and I could only think of Echo Park for this one so that's what I used.


The photo of Paige and I isn't very good quality, it was dark and there was raindrops on the lens but I still really liked it and it's a memory I wanted to scrap. We were sat outside a pub overlooking the sea in Cornwall and all off a sudden from nowhere the heavens opened but rather than go inside we just sat with our brolly and finished our drink, like a true Brit,lol.
I used sketch #186 from Creative Scrappers for inspiration.

I painted the background with some blue acrylic paint and sprayed with TA Riptide, for more definition I outlined the stickers and alpha's with a black journaling pen. Everything on this LO is from Echo Park, I hope you can find time to join in the fun this month for the chance of winning some Studio Calico papers and embellishments also don't forget the main challenge of creating something with a tag and glitter. It hasn't got to be a LO, it could be card, altered art, anything as long as you follow the few basic rules, just have fun and use up some of your older stash.

Supplies
Papers: EP 'Life is Good'
Stickers: EP 'Springtime'
Alpha's: EP 'Little Girl'
Other: TA Glimmermist, Paper Artsy paint,

Happy Crafting
xxxxDebxxxxx

12 comments:

Kashi said...

Deb, I love it. As usual your work is top notch.

Unknown said...

Well Deb, that's something we have in common, too, our weather ;-) Fabulous and funny LO, love the umbrella and rain drops! Ira x

Linda Breedlove said...

Oh how fabulous is this... a great page, Deb! Love your umbrella... it's raining here right now... and VERY windy!
Hugs!

Stella said...

We have a lot in common...like loads of rain and regular use of an umbrella. Yours is gorgeous! I love the picture.Gorgeous LO; as usual :)
XX

Stella said...

And the photo of you and Paige is gorgeous!

farmhouse-story said...

love this, deb! love the pic!

Lynnda said...

Love the sketch!!!... And you nailed it... the layout is simply beautiful... and I heart the colors... hugs..xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeee the photo, the paint and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the cloud and umbrella! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Such a pretty page.. I have to say I like the photo. You guys look so cute under the umbrella..

Hugs, Linda

Ros said...

Yep, that's us Brits!! I went to Great Yarmouth once when my son was little ... saved up all year for this break ... the sky was black but we were on the beach!!!
Love your Lo just perfect!

Juls said...

fabulous fun page!! great title and I Love the combo of papers! Hugs Juls

Theresa said...

trying to catch up and do a little blogging this morning.. this page is wonderful. I love the sketch you used and I have a thing for umbrellas and clouds. so cute.
Hope you are having a fabulous weekend. =)

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...