Tuesday 13 December 2011

A Christmas Window........


Hello my friends, I  really need to get cracking with my Christmas cards, this week . I created this card with my gorgeous window die and stamping a glittery snowflake background using Inspired by Stamping 'Winter Wonderland' set.I've had to make the photo quite dark so you can see snowflake.


I arranged the stamps onto a large block, stamped the snowflakes using Versamark ink and applied SU Heat & Stick, heated with a heat tool, added glitter and heated again, leaving gorgeous glittery snowflakes.


I cut out the window in grunge paper,  painted it in white acrylic paint and added touches of Rock Candy Stickles, adding  SU Dazzling Diamonds glitter whilst still wet. When dry I added a vintage image behind the window and added some foliage from the TH Festive Greenery die, the berries are made with some small red seed beads


I stamped  one of the sentiments from Inspired by Stamping 'Christmas Greetings' onto a label cut from a Cuttlebug cut and emboss folder and inked the edges, finishing off with seam binding, pins and a sparkler.
.
Supplies

Stamps- Inspired by Stamping Winter Wonderland, Christmas Greetings
Dies- Cuttlebug Fanciful Labels, TH Christmas Greenery, Poppy Stamps Small Madison Window
Other- small red beads, SU Dazzling Diamonds, SU Heat & Stick, Rock Candy Stickles, SU Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Websters Sparklers, decorative pins.

Thank for looking and have a good day.

xxxxDebxxxx

25 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Deb! This card is GORGEOUS! Love that cute window, you have really given your card depth with the snow and all. Totally lovely with the flakey background, too! Hugs, Ira x

Anonymous said...

this card is just amazing its what christmas is all about .
Hugs libby o ;-)

Stocki said...

I don't make cards or do stamping Deb, but I have really loved the tags you have been showing... and this card is gorgeous! :)x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Deb... this is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that window and how you added 'snow' to it!!!! WOW!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tamara said...

wow what a nice window. And it inspires me to make a box in a book for my 12tags. Now i need a little bit time to make. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Deb this is beautiful, love the technique

Candace said...

Really pretty card Deb

Ros said...

This us absolutely STUNNING!!!! A creative beauty Deb ... Love it!

Jolanda said...

wow! your card is stunning - I absolutely love everything about it xx

Joanne said...

You have made some wonderful cards and tags over the last few days. You really are very talented and it has really been putting me in a Christmassy mood! Thanks x

jill said...

Very nice well done xxx

Stella said...

You are amazing. I love the way you created the snowflakes and the window. Such a lovely take on a nostalgic look. I am in LOVE; sigh....
XXX

Lisa said...

gorgeous. 'nuff said!

JulieJ said...

Love love love that snowflake background

Anonymous said...

Everything about this is gorgeous -love it!

Lynnda said...

WOWZERS Deb,,, this card is so gorgeous!!! I totally love this... Awesome... hugs..xoxo

farmhouse-story said...

i love your pretty window and gorgeous snowflakes, deb! beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Deb! this is just beautiful! It is breathtaking. It needs to be in a magazine it is so beautiful! I love all the details! You did a great job! xoxo J

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! I love the shimmery snowflakes!

Anonymous said...

so clever such a beautiful card. xx

Unknown said...

This card is sooooo gorgeous.. I just love it!! I just love the way the snow looks on the window.. Great job my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Sandra said...

Very stunning card! It's so cute!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Deb, love the vintage image peeping out behind the window! It's fabulous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful holiday card, love that window and the vintage image, and those glittering snowflakes too!

Re- of course I do not mind, that is what's beautiful about blogging, we inspired each other!
Love to see your project too!

Juls said...

LOVE it!!! the delicate snowflakes are just gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...