Hi there, it's Whoo Hoo Wednesday over at Inspired by Stamping and it's my turn to share a technique with you. I love looking around charity shops for vintage buttons, ribbons, threads and especially old dress making patterns. They are pennies to buy and they are great for crafting, my favourite thing to do with them is making flowers, you can make so many flowers from just one pattern. Here's how I make my flowers.
This pattern only cost me 50p, bargain !!!!!
Choose a die or some flower punches and cut out lots of layers of different size flowers.
I also add some lace, fabric, hessian or whatever you have lying around in your sewing box.
Layer all your flowers and poke a hole through the centre and attach a brad, you could also sew a button in the middle to keep it together.
Once your flowers are secure scrunch all the petals up to the centre, as little or as much as you want depending on the effect you want. When you have scrunched start opening the petals back out until you are happy with how your flower looks.
Here's my finshed flower.
I've kept my card quite simple as the flower is fairly big and I wanted that as the focal point but you could just make lots of small ones, why not make a batch of different ones so they are ready to use as you need them.
Stamps- Daisies, Labels 4,
Papers- My Minds Eye Miss Caroline.
Other- K & Co brad, SU pearls.
Dress patterns can be used for other things too, you could use it as your background paper or like I've done here I glued a couple of layers onto chipboard using Glue & Seal, once dry die cut out any shape you want. I used the Sizzix TH Sewing Room and I'll use these on a card very soon.
Thanks for looking.
Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of The Handmade Sock Society is available for pre-sale here with an Ea...
I resisted for a while but I eventually fell down the crochet hole and cast on a scrappy blanket! I have so many leftover sock yarns and m...
I'm back!!!!! It's not like me to blog two days in a row but I really wanted to share my *new* sewing box. I'd been searching f...