Wednesday 5 February 2014

Yarn Along.......a cardigan for Olivia.

Hello, my friends, how is your week going? I'm back with my regular work in progress post and I've cast on the Zoe Fan Stitch Jacket by Vibe Ulrik Sondergaard. As I said last week my niece asked if I would knit her a blue jumper, I just couldn't say no to this sweet little girl. I know this yarn is more lilac but I've told her it's periwinkle blue and she's happy with that. When I saw her, yesterday, I told her I'd started her jumper and she gave me the biggest hug and said "thank you so much, Aunty Deb"!!!!! She was wearing the Manolin cardigan, I knit her last summer, she is so proud when she wears one of my knits and tells everyone that I "made" it for her, bless.

I'm on my second Diamond Gansey Sock, they are easy to pick up and put down, great if I'm watching TV, talking or taking to crafty get togethers.

I've finished my Halele'a so I'm now concentrating on the Aureus cardigan from the winter edition of Pom Pom Quarterly. I'm hoping to finish this by the end of March which is when Sock Bunny's Sweater Along finishes. I've finished the back and I'm now working on the right front, talking about Pom Pom as you can see on this photo, the latest edition landed through my letterbox, yesterday, as usual beautifully wrapped with a personal thank you message, it's those little touches.

Again, it didn't disappoint, with so many fabulous patterns plus many other interesting articles, this issue's recipe is Chocolate Bergamot Cookies, mmmmm, they look delicious. I'll be baking these sometime soon, I'll let you know how they turned out. I don't buy as many magazines as I used too as I wasn't making anything from them but this is worth every penny. I've knit two patterns from the last issue and sometime soon, I plan to cast on the Aroha by Rachel Coopey from this issue. I can't recommend this magazine enough, this little magazine won't be far away from me for a while yet. I'm linking this to Ginny's Yarn Along and WIP Wednesday over on Tami's blog.

What are you crafting and reading this week? Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back on Friday to show you my Halele'a.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That are three beautiful projects and I really love the lilac shade! Your niece will be happpy with it!

Lynnda said...

Those 3 projects look beautiful... loving the colours especially!... I'd be thrilled too if I'm your niece!!!...Hugs...x

Joy said...

Such a busy girl you are Deb, and such beautiful pieces you keep turning out - that is a gorgeous lilac shade - what a fortunate little girl your niece is! Joy x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such gorgeous colors ... I want to be your niece!! :)

Unknown said...

I would love to watch you knit, it must be a whirlwind of needles and beautiful yarns! As always, wonderful projects in your post! Chrissie x

Stefanie said...

You are so fast! That periwinkle is beautiful. I love the scalloped edging. The sock is lovely. I really like the colorway and how you can still see the stitch pattern. How wonderful your niece is bragging about her new cardigan! Her Auntie Deb is fabulous!

Unknown said...

your niece sounds adorable :) Lovely looking pattern you've chosen.

Amy at love made my home said...

You make so many beautiful things Deb, no wonder your niece is so proud and pleased to wear the things that you make for her. Looking forward to seeing the Halele (not sure if I spelt that correctly!). xx

Unknown said...

beautiful, love the colours you are working with.

Tracey ~ Clover said...

It is such a good feeling when someone you love ask for you to knit them something, and then to receive a warm hug too makes it even better. The blue is stunning and will make a beautiful jumper.

Monica said...

You have been a busy bee! Can't wait to see the finished Aureus. That is a lovely pattern.

Ladybird Diaries said...

Such gorgeous projects with lovely yarns!
Marianne x

Sam I Am...... said...

I love your blog and you work on such beautiful projects. I love them all! Your yarns are luscious too.

Ros Crawford said...

The periwinkle is absolutely beautiful!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Such pretty new projects Deb, I, too, love that gorgeous lilac, it's gorgeous! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...