Friday 7 February 2014

Halele'a FO.......apart from the buttons.

Happy Friday, my friends. This is going to be a quick post from me today, as we're off to Betws-Y-Coed today for a couple of nights. We drive through this quaint town quite regularly when we go to Llandudno and always say we need to stop and visit, the hubby wanted to get away for a couple of nights so decided to stay there.

As you know I've been taking part in the Halele'a KAL run by the Must Stash Podcast girls, it started on the 26th December and the official finish date is the 7th February, though it is ongoing and the threads on Ravelry will stay up there.

The reason I like joining in with KAL's is that there is a timeline to follow, so each week with the Hallele'a KAL, there was a portion of the cardigan to finish within the week, it kept me on focused on finishing it, rather than casting on lots of new projects. I still need to find some buttons for it but I can still wear it without, so I'm classing it as a finished object. The Halele'a cardigan by Mski Knits, is the first adult garment that I've knit and I love the way it's turned out, the style really suits my 50's style dresses and the Must Stash Helluva skein yarn was a dream to knit with.

One last thing, you know I'm a big fan of the Pom Pom Quarterly magazine and I always knit a few projects from each issue. They have a Ravelry Group, where you can post your finished objects from the magazine, each quarter they randomly pick a winner from the thread and I won!!!!!! My prize arrived yesterday, it was some Dyed in the Wool from Spincyle Yarns, oh my gosh this yarn is so soft and squishy. It's the yarn used for the Tuuli Mitts from the Winter issue, so I will probably knit them with it.

In linking this to FO Friday, check out lots of other FO's, this week, over at Tami's blog. Thank you for stopping by, have a great weekend.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

15 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Your cardigan is beautiful! Well done you for keeping to your schedule with it. I hope that you love wearing it, the colour is so pretty. Hope you have a good few days away and that the weather is kind to you. xx

Unknown said...

It's lovely, gorgeous pattern and yarn combination :)

Hope you have fun in Betws-Y-Coed, we've visited it quite a few times on our Summer holidays to North Wales. Hope it's not too wet! I expect the rivers and waterfalls nearby must be very impressive at the moment

Chrissy said...

I love that cardigan. It's so beautiful and your colour choice is perfect.

You are so lucky to win that yarn, it's gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo beautiful!! I love love love the color!!!!!

ZHOBEYDA said...

HOLA, COMO STAS? TUS TRABAJOS SON HERMOSO, TE FELICITO, QUE DIOS BENDIGA TU CREATIVIDAD.. AHORA TE SIGO, VISITAME TAMBIÉN, SIEMPRE SERAS BIENVENIDA.. ANÍMATE.. BESOS, ABRAZOS Y BENDICIONES.
ZHOBEYD@....

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful little break, and that you wear that beautiful cardigan out for a meal, too! Chrissie x

Stefanie said...

What a lovely cardigan knit. It is a great addition to that pretty dress! Congrats on your win. It's so awesome how you travel about with your husband.

Sarah said...

That is such a beautiful cardigan and the style is adorable. It will be perfect with flouncy style dresses!

elns said...

Good God, woman! I'm learning to appreciate a KAL along with the rest of you, but you really whipped up this cardigan out of no-where. buttons or no buttons, it's fabulous! Excellent job. You're amazing. p.s. I agree the KALs reign in some of the focus for me.

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous Deb! Hugs...x

Hannapat said...

Simply stunning!! Xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful knitwear Deb, such a pretty colour, too and congrats on your win! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Jo said...

It has turned out really well hasn't it Deb.I really like it, it is so delicate. Jo x

Unknown said...

Hi Deb sorry for the absence but as always work dominates my life. I adore your cardi it is simply stunning. You are so so talented Deb. Have a fabulous Sunday, sending you lots of love and hugs
Dorothy
:-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Caffeine Girl said...

That is your first adult garment? Wow! You hit a home run. It is just gorgeous. And I love that rich color.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...