Friday 28 February 2014

Diamond Gansey Socks FO.....

Another quick Friday FO post, I only have one to show you and they are my Diamond Gansey Socks, I'm still on track with my goal of twelve pair of socks. If I can carry on finishing one pair a month, I will easily achieve it, maybe I could even finish two pairs.

Gansey is a traditional fishermans pattern used for fishermans sweaters, knitted to protect them from the elements. This pattern is a simple diamond pattern using knit and purl stitches, I used my regular, slip stitch heel.

I used Skein Queen Crush in variegated blue and greens. I like the foot to be fitted but like the leg to be quite loose so I can scrunch them down so I tend to cast on 64 or 66 stitches, the smaller size would fit but they feel too restricted.

I've managed to complete three projects, this month, my Halele'a, Zoe Fan Stitch Jacket and my Diamond Gansey Socks.
 

Check out other FO's this week over on Tami's blog. Have a great weekend and I'll be back soon.

xxxxDebxxxx

 

22 comments:

Corrie B said...

Absolutely divine!

Unknown said...

Oh Deb, you must have the fanciest feet in all the land! Chrissie x

Joy said...

You do such a fab job with your socks Deb - another lovely pair, great yarn too! Joy x

Stefanie said...

That blue is terrific. These are a nice pair of socks. A pretty change from your usual.

Unknown said...

They look great, I really want to have a go at making a pair myself after seeing yours.

You've completed some gorgeous projects recently

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

They look so toasty!! I loveeeeeeeeee them!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great socks and congratulations with you FO's of this month!

wynette vass said...

As usual, all your projects are just terrific and so lovely. Love all the colors and patterns you used. :-)

moleymakes said...

Oooh lovely socks. I really like the pattern. I think I may add this to my sock queue.

Have a great weekend Debs x

Evelyn said...

Your new socks are beautiful ~ color, texture, and fit! Enjoy being toasty in them.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You've had a great month! I love your socks :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I often go down a needle size just before starting the heel to make the foot a bit more snug. And then, if I want it smaller still, I'll just do some extra gusset decreases until I get to the stitch count I'm after.

Love the Diamond Gansey pattern. Makes a very classically styled sock, not dissimilar to the Mr. Dress-Up socks I just finished.

Unknown said...

Hello lovely Deb, loved this post - you brought back many happy memories for me. My lovely Dad always called underwear our ganseys and I cannot hear that word without thinking of him. Your socks are just perfect and I adore the colour. Have a wonderful weekend, big hugs and loves
Dorothy
:-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Gorgeous socks Deb and I love the colour too...the variegated yarn looks lovely...and your other projects are so pretty...you've been so busy!
Happy Weekend!
Susan x

Hannapat said...

They are fabulous Deb xxx

Maria said...

I love the Halele'a. It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I am so impressed that you're able to finish so many beautiful projects in one single month Deb! Way to go ;-) Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Ladybird Diaries said...

Absolutely gorgeous socks Deb.
Marianne x

Ros Crawford said...

They're lovely socks!! Bet they are cosy ...

Jo said...

Wow Deb, you are doing lots of lovely work. Jo x

Caffeine Girl said...

The socks are awesome. I admire your gansey work. I tend to get very confused by gansey patterns!

Ladybird Diaries said...

Hi Deb, I see we have been paired up for the Three Stories High brooch swap...looking forward to swapping with you!
Marianne x

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...