Friday 14 February 2014

100 Wedding Invitations......finished!!!!

Hello, I've been busy this week finishing the wedding invitations for my friend's son, they wanted them by the end of the month but I wanted to finish them as soon as I could.

Emma the bride, bought the most gorgeous materials for me to work with and had some great ideas. We decided on this design, the hand beaded lace is absolutely stunning, which is obviously the star of the show. It's a very simple design but was actually very time consuming and it took me a lot longer than I expected, even with my daughter, Paige to help me.

I love how they turned out and Emma was thrilled, she came to collect them today, which I thought was very apt as it's Valentine's Day! When she saw them, she was very emotional and even shred a tear, I think it hit her that this was real and she was going to be a married woman in just a few months time. I was so pleased with her reaction, it was definitely worth all the work!

It's been a long time since I last made a card but a couple of weeks ago my friend Gina, invited the "Card Girls" around her house for a card class. Gina cut out the rocker card bases for us and gave us some ideas on how to decorate them, you can find Gina's card, here. I went with this very sweet Lily of the Valley stamp, I even used Pro Markers to colour in the image, I bet it's two years since I last used them. I really enjoyed our card making evening and hopefully we'll do it again soon.

Thanks for stopping by, have a fab weekend, my daughter, Jodie is coming for the weekend, I can't wait to see her, it's been over a month since I last saw her!

xxxxxDebxxxx

 

19 comments:

Stefanie said...

Beautiful wedding invites. What a splendid idea. Cute card. Neat how you got that lace around.

Unknown said...

The invitations are simply beautiful! I love the contrasting colours and textures, so very, very elegant! Chrissie x

Sarah said...

Deb, those invites are gorgeous. As is your card x

Stella said...

Deb these wedding cards are stunning. Elegant, chique with amazing details..... You did a fantastic job! And good to see a card made by you. It's beautiful!
XX

Una said...

I've never seen such beautiful invitations. Amazing.

Jo said...

I love a bit of card making as you know, Great invites. Jo x

Ladybird Diaries said...

The invites are really beautiful Deb.
Marianne x

Amy at love made my home said...

They are beautiful, I am not surprised that the bride was overcome! I hope that their wedding goes really well and that they have a long and happy marriage! xx

ColourMeCrochet said...

Stunning wedding invites, I would want to treasure mine.
Your rocker card is lovely too.
Sally x

Lynnda said...

Beautiful invites! What an amazing design! hugs....x

Unknown said...

Debs how absolutely stunning - no wonder the bride was emotional so was I! You are such a talented lady Debs as you can turn your hand to so many things. A lovely post Debs, thank you. Have a great weekend, big hugs
Dorothy
:-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gilly said...

Just simply beautiful, Deb - no wonder the bride-to-be is chuffed!
Happy weekend,
xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!! LOVING that lace!!!!!

Unknown said...

Stunning wedding creations Deb, love the lace and delicate details!! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Paperesse said...

The invitations are gorgeous, Deb. You did a fantastic job!!! And the 2nd card is stunning too!

Catherine said...

I love the invitations. A little bit vintage. A beautiful keepsake for the guests

Ros Crawford said...

Such lovely elegant wedding invitations Deb and your card is stunning!

thesnailgarden said...

Wow, those invitations are really beautiful! I can see why they took some time to make. The rocker card is so pretty. Best wishes, Pj x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Scrumptious wedding invites! Oh my! And the rocker card is sweet as can be with that image. Bet it felt good to color after a long while!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...