Sunday 2 February 2014

Stitching Sunday.......Once Upon a Time.

It's been a while since I've done a Stitching Sunday post but over the last few weeks, I've been hearing a lot about a cross stitch sampler on different podcasts, blogs and Instagram, called Once Upon a Time designed by the The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. Well, I've jumped on the bandwagon and have purchased this year long cross stitch sampler.

As the title suggests it is a whimsical cross stitch based on some of the most popular fairytales and folklores. I love the concept, it's a year long stitch along, so each month you will receive an email with a link to download the next cross stitch chart. It started at the beginning of January with the list of supplies and then the first chart was released which was Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, also included will be Jack and the Beanstalk and Hansel and Gretel but all the others will be a surprise.

I've only purchased it this week so I'm a month behind but that isn't a problem as there is no time limit you just do it in your own time. There were a couple of reasons why I decided to join in the fun, apart from it been very cute, I have so many embroidery threads and thought it would be a good way to use them up. I have quite a few of the threads that they suggest but if I haven't got the exact colour, I'm substituting them for colours that I do have.

I've got my chart printed out and all my supplies, ready to go, I ordered some aida from Willow Fabrics , the service was super quick, I ordered it late Thursday afternoon and it arrived on Friday morning!!!! They used linen for their sample but I decided to go for 14 count Snow Glitter aida, it looks gorgeous on linen but I wanted this project to be easy to pick up and put down and I find 14 count easier to work on plus I love the white glitter fabric and works well with the Fairytale theme.

Check out Chrisie's blog for more stitchy projects. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Happy Crafting

xxxxDebxxxx

 

13 comments:

ColourMeCrochet said...

I too saw this on Instagram and spent a good few days umming and ahhing over whether to join in or not. In the end I decided no, I already have a fair few WIPs on the go with more on my to do list and was worried I wouldn't stick at it.. But I can follow your progress and watch as it grows and suffer from envy lol.
Happy stitching.
Sally x

Amy at love made my home said...

It looks very pretty Deb, I hope that you enjoy doing it, it is nice to have something that comes in bite size pieces isn't it. I look forward to watching your progress through the year. xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhh I haven't stitched in a long time ... looks beautiful!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh you've done it! I've been umming and ahhhing about this project, too, it is just too sweet for words...now that you've started it, I might just have to do it with you, I know I have a zillion other stitchy projects, but why not? ;-) Thank you for linking up to mine! Chrissie xxx

Unknown said...

...and just like that it's purchased! :-) I think I'll join you in the stash floss, now I just need to order the linen...thanks for the inspiration! Chrissie x

Ros Crawford said...

It's years since I did cross stitch ... I found it very therapeutic .. Enjoy!

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Deb
What a lovely project and a great way to use your thread stash! I look forward to following your progress and see it all take shape.
Best wishes and Happy stitching!
Ellie

Stefanie said...

OMGosh, that's adorable!

Lynnda said...

Looks beautiful... I used cross-stitched too... feels like I need to start again! ..hugs...x

Wendy said...

I signed up for the sampler a couple of weeks ago too!

Unknown said...

Ah, now this is something I am more familiar with ;-) Have fun with your new pattern Deb! Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

gillyflower said...

Hope you enjoy making the sampler - it looks lovely!

Betty Button Pie said...

I love the idea of this sampler project! xx

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...