Thursday 27 June 2013

Daisy Chain ABC Sampler...........


Good morning, as I said on a recent post, I love Instagram, it's full of inspiration, which is where I first saw this embroidery.

The pattern is Daisy Chain ABC Crewelwork Sampler by Alicia Paulson and it is so pretty, it's a fairly large project and fits a 11" x 14" frame. I see it as a small project though as I concentrate on each letter, one at time, I normally work on it when we have a weekend away as it's very portable.


This is my first time doing embroidery so wasn't sure whether I'd pick it up but I had no worries with that. Alicia's instructions were excellent, very concise and easy to follow with lots of diagrams.I don't work on it all the time, it's more of a long term project but I'm absolutely loving it.

Totally changing the subject, I just wanted to share my youngest daughter's exciting week!!!! Last Wednesday when she got back from work, her first car was waiting on the drive.



To say she was excited was an understatement!!!!! Mick had picked her up from work and I've never seen her jump out the car so quick.



Needless to say she wanted her Dad to take her out in it, straight away.........


 So with some essentials I bought her, we all jumped in the car and went for a drive.


She did really well, anyway on Friday it was her driving test, she arrived home from work and she was so nervous, she felt sick, her hands were clammy. I really thought she'd be too nervous to concentrate on the test. Off she went and I sat for two hours like a nervous wreck, willing for her to pass.


I needn't have worried, she passed first time!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of her, she didn't have many lessons, though she'd booked one a week from her 17th birthday, her instructor use to cancel them quite regularly. I'm a very proud Mommy and I now have another taxi to run me around as I don't drive, lol.

Thanks for letting me share my proud Mommy moment, I'll be back tomorrow with another pair of finished socks.

xxxxDebxxxx

7 comments:

Hazels Crochet said...

Awwww congratulations to your daughter! I passed my test last wednesday, so im scooting about in Andy's car he he!

Well done!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats to your daughter!!!! Loving the photos and loveeeeeee your ABC sampler... looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

Juls said...

Congrats!!! & your embroidery is fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Ros Crawford said...

Those socks are so cute! and your embroidery is really looking fabulous!
Well done to your daughter!! I passed first time too ... I love the car ... no wonder she is thrilled!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your daughter, she did really well! Oh she will love her first car, I remember mine only too well!! Gosh, I practically LIVED in mine, in those days, lol! Sweet embroidery, btw, so beautifully made! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Stefanie said...

What a cute lil' car. What kind is it? Congrats to her. I forget the driver is on the other side of the car from us Americans and you're on the other side of the road.

thesnailgarden said...

Congratulations to your daughter. Best wishes, Pj x

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...