Friday 28 June 2013

FO Friday..........Hermione's Everyday Socks.



I hope you have all had a good week, I'm back today to show you what I've been knitting over the last week.

There's a group on Ravelry called A Yarn Loving Mama, they are having a KAL this month and the pattern was for Hermione's Everyday Socks which is a free pattern.


I joined the KAL quite late through the month but I wanted to get them finished quick as they were for a friend's birthday. The pattern is worked from the cuff down but since I've discovered  toe up, I worked from toe up which was easy enough to do with this pattern and did short row heel and toe.


My friend, Pinda, is always cold whatever the weather so I've knitted them in Artesano 100% angora, which is so soft to the touch and very warm. I will recommend that she wears them as bed socks or when she's snuggled on the sofa, she could wear them for everyday use but been angora they won't be as hard wearing as something with a nylon blend.

I gave them to her yesterday and she was absolutely thrilled with them, I bet she wore them for bed, last night!!!!

If you'd like to see more FO's from other people, check out Tami's blog.

Have a great weekend.
xxxxDebxxxx

11 comments:

honeycat said...

Loving that yarn muchly and feeling inspired by your embroidery on your last post. I would love to do something like that.

Melanie :-)

Candace said...

Beautiful colour Deb

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING that color!!!

Unknown said...

At first I thought hey, is Deb knitting for Potter's Hermione, guess I need to put on my reading glasses again, lol! Love your beautiful socks, they're supercool! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Stefanie said...

What beautiful yarn that is! Love those purples. What a splendid gift.

Anonymous said...

I love that pattern; I made mine in purple, too. I've never made socks out of 100% angora, though, luscious!

Mlissabeth said...

I can see why your friend was thrilled! Great pattern, color and yarn.

Anonymous said...

The socks are gorgeous! They must be as soft as clouds:)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Such a pretty colourway for your Hermoines!

Hazels Crochet said...

Oh I love these, lovely colours in them :)

Anonymous said...

Super cool socks girl.

Love those patterns and colors you pick. What a knd person to give away . Lucky person who gets them. they will love a pair.

Your a very thoughtful person.

Be a better world if more of you were doing from the heart giveaways.

I know Tex does and other blogers and my self.

Make others smile with what we have been blessed with.

Being crafty. To share with others.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...