Friday 21 June 2013

FO Friday.......a little girls crochet bolero and a knitted shawl.


Happy Friday, everyone!!!! I'm back today with some finished projects. The first one is a little girls crochet bolero, which is a free Jenny Watson pattern from Deramores.


It is a fairly easy pattern to follow, the front and back is worked in one piece, which I love as there is minimal sewing together. I used King Cole Cottonsoft DK, perfect for summer knits, it's very soft and nice to work with, no splitting.


I crocheted this for my beautiful two year old niece, here she is wearing it, she's always very proud of her handmade clothes and tells everybody, "Aunty Deb made it", bless her.

Next is my Summer Flies shawl.


This is the first time I've blocked anything this large but it was absolutely fine. I soaked it in the sink for 20 minutes, then laid it out flat on a large bath towel and rolled it, like a swiss roll to remove excess water. I then put a dry bath towel on a bed, stretched and pinned the shawl to size, leaving it overnight to dry.


It really does make a difference by blocking and worth the effort, the shawl is twice the size and you can see the lace pattern so much better.

These are my two FO's this week, for other people's FO's, check out Tami's blog.


 Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend.
xxxxDebxxxx

14 comments:

Emma said...

The colours and detail in the shawl are beautiful! It must have taken you forever x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo beautiful!! I am loving the colors!!!

Barbara said...

Love the soft tones and how blocking helped the lace pattern emerge. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gosh Deb, your niece looks so sweet in the beautiful bolero you've made for her and that shawl of yours... wow! Love that shape! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Mlissabeth said...

Oh I love both the bolero and the shawl. You did a beautiful job!

bookworm-Mary said...

Oh my! Your Summer Flies is BEAUTIFUL! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Great shawl! Every time I block something (even not lace) I'm amazed all over again what a huge difference it makes.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

What gorgeous yarn for your summerflies! Makes me think of sherbet!

What a darling bolero - your niece looks priceless in it. Definitely knit-worthy!

Stefanie said...

These are such pretty FOs, Deb! The bolero is cute and the little one adorable. Your shawl is so lovely! I love that colorway. It was made for that pattern.

JulieJ said...

That shawl's beautiful. I don't think I've ever blocked anything, but it seems to be worth the effort.

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely garments!!

Lynnda said...

Love both!! Great colors... you are so good Deb!... hugs..x

Hazels Crochet said...

The cardi looks beautiful! And the colours in the shawl are lovely!x

Unknown said...

Both project look wonderful. I really do love seeing your projects.

Hugs~

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...