Monday 3 June 2013

Let's Get Trendy Now! 3- Day 1.........Neon.


Hello, my friends, today is the first day of Let's Get Trendy Now! 3 if you haven't heard about it yet, you must check it out!!!! There are some fabulous designers, who will be sharing five new trends with us. Day 1 is NEON. Well, I love challenges, as you know and this is a bit of a challenge.

Don't get me wrong, I love neon colours, I love al colours but I predominately work with pastels and most of my papers show that.

I used the sketch that they provided for inspiration, it is for a LO but I thought it would work well for a card too.



 After searching through my stash, I found some papers that I thought would work.


A very quick and simple card, I punched out some hearts and stitched them through the centre and adhered to some neon pink card. I also stitched around the white card that the hearts are stitched on just to give a bit more depth. I then stamped "Happy Birthday" and curved it for a 3D effect.

Supplies
Papers- Cosmo Cricket De Lovely, Basic Grey Gypsy.
Stamps- Inspired by Stamping Big Wishes.
Other- SU Heart Punch, SU cardstock.

Thank you for stopping by, have a great week.
xxxxDebxxxx

13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Those papers definitely work! Fabulous card!

Anonymous said...

Nice card Deb. Ya Trendy.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love your card! YOU ROCKED the NEON!!! I loveeeeee those hearts!!

dawn said...

LOVE THIS!! Cute papers and perfect for a NEON fun card. Great job on the first challenge, hoping I can make something too.

Like the peek of washi tape in the picture too.

Unknown said...

What a fun creation, such bright colours, great papers, too! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Shahrul Niza said...

Stunning card !!. LOVE the neon hearts & the sweet stitching :). HUGS.

~amy~ said...

Oh I love how you were inspired! Such thee fun amount of bright and fun colors on your clean and crisp card! Thanks for joining us at Let's get Trendy Now 3!

Unknown said...

I love this.. Your card has such a happy feel to it..

Hugs~

SeattleStamper said...

This is a lovely take on the challenge!

Juls said...

Love this!! The stitching down the hearts is such a great detail! Hugs Juls

Stefanie said...

I find it cool that simple sewn stitching can be part of a card!

yyam said...

Ooooh...glad you found some papers and played along! Your card looks amazing Deb. I love those stitched hearts and how you've used the sketch.

Thank you so much for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

jeanie g said...

Love your card, it's trendy and appropriate for many special occasions. Hi from a fellow W. Midlander living in Shropshire now.

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...