Monday 17 June 2013

The Reason I Love Instagram............



Happy Monday, today, I'd  like to share why I  love Instagram, I'm on other social network sites but don't really use them. Instagram is different, I love taking photographs and it's a place to share them, it's full of like minded people and a great place to see other peoples crafty makes and get idea's too, just search hashtags to find what you are looking for.

There are some really friendly, kind people on there, a few who I knew through blogging, some who I've got to know on Instagram.




I'm in a postcard circle, set up by one of the lovely ladies on IG, where I receive a pretty postcard each week and I send one to somebody different each week.



I've joined in different swaps, this one was called Colour Me Pretty Circle Swap, where you were given a swap partner and their favourite colours, you buy or make six items of their chosen colour and I received these gifts from another person.

All this was done without you knowing who you were going to receive from and on a set date, everybody opened their parcels and shared what they received and who from, by posting photo's on IG.



This was one of my favourite swaps, it was a private swap and it came about when one of the ladies asked if she could buy one of my crochet tissue covers. We came to an agreement that rather than exchange cash she would send me some goodies.

She has an Etsy store called A Treasure in Store, where she sells beautiful vintage items. She sent me a vintage bottle with a message inside, such a sweet idea, some locally made silver earrings, some shells from her local beach in North Carolina and a tin of vintage scrabble tiles, which spelt out my IG name.

So, this is why I enjoy this social network site, let me know if you are on there so I can follow you. Have a great week.

xxxxDebxxxx

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love these photos!!

Ros Crawford said...

What lovely gifts and such great photos ...

Unknown said...

Looks like you girls are having great swaps Deb, those gifts are so pretty! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

You know I love IG as well.. I don't post as much as you. But I sure do love following you..

Hugs~

Stefanie said...

What fun memes to participate in. It's great that you're receiving items you love.

Lynnda said...

beautiful photos.... hugs...x

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...