Sunday 9 June 2013

Inspired by Stamping June Releases.....French Country.



Good morning, I hope you've all been having a good weekend. I'm back today with my last project from this month's Inspired by Stamping June releases. This is another French inspired set called French Country. I absolutely adore all things French and have loved creating with this month's releases.


 I haven't made an Easel card in a long time so I decided to make one for my last project using the French Country set.


I started off by stamping the chicken wire from the French Backgrounds onto the front of the card, then adhered a jumbo tag. I stamped the cockerel onto a book page, layering it onto some hessian and some ephemera from my stash.

I stamped the sunflower twice onto some patterned paper, cutting some of the petals from the second image, using foam pad, I lined it up and put it on the full sunflower image.

I covered the bottom card with pattern paper and some IBS Crochet Trim, stamping the sentiment from Big Notes in French II. I used two layers of foam pads to lift it, so the Easel card doesn't fall flat.


I'm often asked where I write on an Easel card, I stamped a sentiment from Birthday Greetings, just on the back, where there is also room to write who it's from.

Check out what the other DT have been creating.


Don't forget to leave a comment on Joanna's blog for the chance of winning this set. It's Release Day, tomorrow and for 48 hours only, it will be free shipping on purchases over $25 using the code " June Release". This offer will end on the 12th June at 7pm (Brisbane time).

Thank you for joining us this month for the new releases, I'll be back tomorrow to reveal this month's sets in full.

xxxxDebxxxx

14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh wow! this is so pretty ... Love that you used kraft too ... it really enhances your stamping and the theme ... the sunflower is gorgeous ... beautiful easel card Deb!

Paperesse said...

Great design and wonderful card! Bravo, Deb!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the rooster and the flower!!

Shea said...

Lovely card with a country flair, Debs. I'm a big fan of easel cards to begin with, and this one is gorgeous! Love the big sunflower as an accent rather than the centerpiece, and that "fence" across the front brings all the elements together. Great card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous layering -- great easel card

Unknown said...

Gorgeous easel card Deb, love the country feel and that great looking rooster, so pretty! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sonia said...

Great card! I love easel cards!

Leah said...

Just stunning!

Judys said...

Beautiful easel card, however, I had to look up "hessian" and "ephemera". Learned some new terms. Thanks!

lisa808 said...

Fab card. I usually write on the back of the easel cards. Occasionally, I have written on the bottom.

Claudia Sodré said...

Oi muito lindoo! como tudo q vc produz..otima semana claudia sodré

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful easel card!! Love all the details, great job!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card. I love the design..

Hugs~

Tina said...

So lovely and packed full of pretty stuff!

The Handmade Sock Society 3 by Helen Stewart

Hello there, I just wanted to let you all know that Season 3 of  The Handmade Sock Society  is available for pre-sale  here  with an Ea...